New York-Upstate

Ithaca area everything

I feel like I've done a pretty exhaustive search for a worthwhile, inexpensive venue for my wedding in the Ithaca, NY area, but I can't seem to find anything in my price range (which, lets be honest, is pretty low).
We're looking for something like a park that's accessible and private with a pavillion of some kind (not looking for a winery, castle, etc).  Pretty, scenic, versatile, and cheap.  that's my goal.

Also, I don't even know where to begin looking for makeup/hair artists and such.
Any suggestions? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ithaca area everything

• edited December 2011
    HI Harmony,
    Have you tried Buttermilk falls or Robert Termain Park?  You can go to the clinique counter at Bon-ton and they will help you with your makeup you can even schedule an appointment for the day of your wedding. You may have to buy a lipstick or foundation.  I don't know a lot of hair stylists in Ithaca but ask around or call, most stylists charge around 45.00 to 80.00. 
    Let me know if you need any other help.  I am a wedding planner in Elmira.
    Mimihanley@yahoo.com
    Good Luck
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the PEFECT place
    The Barn Winery in Ithaca
    Burt and Cheryl
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wedding planners on this board???
    I thought it was NOT for vendors????

Waste of time for me wedding planners - they cost money and make it more complicated than it is!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also maybe look at Stewart Park?  Very pretty place with large pavilion.  Not sure how rentals work, but there have been a couple of Cornell events there so you must be able to rent at least the pavilion.
    Anniversary
  • chrissy721kchrissy721k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    burtcheryl is such an obvious vendor troll. at least braidingpro isn't hiding behind a fake account.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards