September 2013 Weddings

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Wedding Date: September 1, 2013

Wedding Location: Sebewaing (ceremony)/Ubly(reception), MI

Wedding Colors: Plum and gold

Wedding Theme: No theme in particular..whatever we like that goes well! :)

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $13,000 (ambitious, I know!)

Number of guests: 300

How long have you been with your significant other? 2 years and 10 months

Length of engagement: To date, almost 2 months exactly

City/State where you live/work: I live in Saginaw and he lives in Midland

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? We are both currently students and we both graduate in May-- me with my bachelors and he with a phd of physical therapy.

Any kids or furbabies? We have an energetic doberman named Lyssa (we call her our weredoby, because we're pretty sure she turns into a wereanimal at night) and an attention hoarding cat named Sophie

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Getting to pick things out for real, instead of just dreaming!!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  Advice on different things and hopefully some vendor recommendations from brides in my area

Any other comments or fun facts about you?  I come from a family of 4 girls and he comes from a family of 4 boys.  I'm the oldest and he's the 3rd child, but the distance between the siblings are the same for both sides :)

• Wedding Date: Sept 7 2013

Wedding Location: St Athanasius Hall Louisville, KY 

Wedding Colors: Hot Pink and Neon Lime Green

Wedding Theme: NERD

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): 5000

Number of guests: 230

How long have you been with your significant other? 3 years

Length of engagement: Nov 17 2012! So, 12 days so far

City/State where you live/work: Louisville, KY 

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work in an auto dealership accounting office, and he works IT at an international server support company

Any kids or furbabies? I have a 5 yr old daughter

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: making it unique and crafting to keep under our budget:)

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? ideas, and comfort comfort comfort....

Any other comments or fun facts about you? We are nerds, so, against his parents wishes (Monster In Law lol) we are making our wedding unique and totally us, completely nerdy... ceremony, vows, readings, reception, food, cake, decorations, invitations... everything:)

• edited November 2012
    Wedding Date: September 7th, 2012 Wedding Location: Chetco River Inn, Brookings, OR Wedding Colors: Aqua red Wedding Theme: very casual, basically a BBQ up river with a wedding Wedding Budget if you care to share: 3000.00 Number of guests: 50 How long have you been with your significant other? 3.5 years Length of engagement: 1 year so far City/State where you live/work: Brookings, OR What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? SAHM, fisherman Any kids or furbabies? 1 beautiful 4 month old daughter Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: making plans for a real wedding and not just dreaming about "one day" What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas and advice Any other comments or fun facts about you? We are both from the same small town that we live in and plan on spending the rest of our lives together here. We couldn't imagine a better place to raise our daughter and any more babies we have down the road.
  • Wedding Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013

Wedding Location: Omaha, Nebraska

Wedding Colors: Black and white with pops of red

Wedding Theme: Don't really have one

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): For every possible wedding expense we ould think of from stamps for invites to the price of pictures for a passport for the honeymoon ~$15k

Number of guests: 325

How long have you been with your significant other? As of today, 7 years, 11 months and 8 days Laughing

Length of engagement: 17 months

City/State where you live/work: Omaha, Nebraska

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a public tax accountant (who is currently anxiously awaiting receiving the grade for my final part of the CPA exam) and my FI is a manager for a shipping company.

Any kids or furbabies? No, but we are in talks of buying a dog

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I'm pretty crafty so I love getting together with my mom to work on wedding crafts. I also love seeing FI's interest in certain aspects of the planning.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Mostly a place for a little stress relief from people who are in a similar position as me and who don't mind talking wedding. I don't want to bother most people with wedding questions and worries, but I've been distracting myself from studying by reading the boards and I know you are all one very supportive group.

February Signature: Brian Head, Utah Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello ladies!

Wedding Date: 9/20/13

Wedding Location: Keswick Vineyards in Keswick, VA (15min from Charlottesville)

Wedding Colors: still don't know! I like a lot of colors so this has been hard!

Wedding Theme: Vineyard ceremony - reallly casual reception!

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): we're saving up $16k total

Number of guests: 150 listed..we'll see who RSVPs!

How long have you been with your significant other? December 2010 officially. We were friends for about a year prior to that.

Length of engagement: Six months. Long story, but we married in Nov of '11 and are now planning for the ceremony/reception for family and friends.

City/State where you live/work: Jacksonville, Florida (NAS Jacksonville)

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm in the Navy as a Network Administrator. My significant other is in the same rate but he does radio communications.

Any kids or furbabies? I have 2 Shiba Inus (Kioko & Koto), he has a Redbone Coonhound (Memphis).

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Knowing that it'll be over soon! But I am really looking forward to colaborating with the photographer.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Finding out where other brides are in their planning, how they're planning. Maybe some inspiration and ideas for things I'm bound to get stuck on!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I'm also pretty handy when it comes to fitness stuff, if anyone's getting into that "getting fit before the big day" thing. Just let me know! I have a ton of resources and sample "diets" and routines that you can do.

• Wedding Date: September 7, 2013

Wedding Location: Oak Park, CA

Wedding Colors: Hot Pink, Bright Orange and neon green

Wedding Theme: n/a

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): Around $10,000

Number of guests: 140

How long have you been with your significant other? 2 1/2 years and counting

Length of engagement: 2 years

City/State where you live/work: Lancaster, CA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a nurse, he is a security officer.

Any kids or furbabies? He has a 6 year old daughter, we have 3 furbabies. Two pit bulls and a german shepherd.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Not sure yet.. But setting the date and picking the venue was great.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Advice, friends, ideas, and....?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_introductions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa300c1e-88dd-4a5d-a34c-e7f17ba633c7Post:1a51af90-9a71-4ed0-a3a5-867a85abbb51">Introductions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the September 2013 board! By way of introduction, please fill out this brief questionnaire. We’re so glad you’re here! Wedding Date: Sept 21 2013 Wedding Location: Lake Lawn Resort Delavan, WI  Wedding Colors: Deep Purple and undecided what to go with that!  Wedding Theme: Outdoor Ceremony Wedding Budget (if you care to share): Between 6,000-8,000.00 Number of guests:175 How long have you been with your significant other? 2 Years Length of engagement: We will be engaged for 13 months before we get married City/State where you live/work: I work in Milwaukee, WI  What do you do for a living? Office Manager What does your partner do? Sales Consultant Any kids or furbabies?  I have two little boys from a previous relationship Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Everything has been exciting so far! But I can't wait to see his reaction when he sees me in my dress!  What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Stress Relief!! Any other comments or fun facts about you?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]
  • I will definitely take some sample diet advice from you! I would like to lose at least 10 pounds before the wedding!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_introductions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa300c1e-88dd-4a5d-a34c-e7f17ba633c7Post:48f7b1dd-c82b-4f91-83fa-ec2b42faebd0">Re: Introductions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! Wedding Date: 9/20/13 Wedding Location: Keswick Vineyards in Keswick, VA (15min from Charlottesville) Wedding Colors: still don't know! I like a lot of colors so this has been hard! Wedding Theme: Vineyard ceremony - reallly casual reception! Wedding Budget (if you care to share): we're saving up $16k total Number of guests: 150 listed..we'll see who RSVPs! How long have you been with your significant other? December 2010 officially. We were friends for about a year prior to that . Length of engagement: Six months. Long story, but we married in Nov of '11 and are now planning for the ceremony/reception for family and friends. City/State where you live/work: Jacksonville, Florida (NAS Jacksonville) What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm in the Navy as a Network Administrator. My significant other is in the same rate but he does radio communications. Any kids or furbabies? I have 2 Shiba Inus (Kioko & Koto), he has a Redbone Coonhound (Memphis). Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Knowing that it'll be over soon! But I am really looking forward to colaborating with the photographer. What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Finding out where other brides are in their planning, how they're planning. Maybe some inspiration and ideas for things I'm bound to get stuck on! Any other comments or fun facts about you? I'm also pretty handy when it comes to fitness stuff, if anyone's getting into that "getting fit before the big day" thing. Just let me know! I have a ton of resources and sample "diets" and routines that you can do.
    Posted by k40t1kch1k[/QUOTE]
  • Wedding Date: September 20th

Wedding Location: Minnesota Boat Club

Wedding Colors: Undecided, but Fall colors

Wedding Theme: Rustic

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): 10,000

Number of guests: 125

How long have you been with your significant other? 1 1/2 yrs

Length of engagement: 8 months

City/State where you live/work: St. Paul, MN

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a SAHM/ Nanny, and FI is an IT consultant

Any kids or furbabies? 7-month-old son (Finn)

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Watching my visions from when I was little become a reality

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? I met a great group of women that I have formed close friendships with on the bumb, and hope to have a similar experience here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: September 6, 2013

Wedding Location: Still up the the air but a small wedding chapel here in AZ

Wedding Colors: Aqua Blue/ Gray

Wedding Theme: Elope

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $500

Number of guests: 0

How long have you been with your significant other? Since August of 2007

Length of engagement: We have been engaged since November of 2007

City/State where you live/work: I live and work in Phoenix Arizona, 

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work as a receptionist at a Law Office and attend school full time. My Fiance works from home as a computer programmer. 

Any kids or furbabies? My Fiance has a daughter from his first marriage and we have 4 cats and 1 dog. The cats were aquired other than the 2 we actually adopted. 

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: That I am finally getting Married. 

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Some advice from other woman and the ability to make a decesion and stick with it. 

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I can touch my nose with my tounge. :) 

No photos here at work will add later.

• <div>I grow up in Batavia, What year did you graduate? </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_introductions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa300c1e-88dd-4a5d-a34c-e7f17ba633c7Post:4fcccfc5-d3dd-4b8f-82e8-f249e69cfe90">Re: Introductions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Date: September 28, 2013 Wedding Location: Rochester, NY Wedding Colors: Marine Blue, some shade of puple TBD Wedding Theme: Seaside garden Wedding Budget (if you care to share): about $16k Number of guests: 100-125 How long have you been with your significant other? 1 year, 7 mos Length of engagement: When we finally say "I do", 14 mos City/State where you live/work: Rochester/Batavia, NY What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a retail store merchandising manager, FI is a sales representative at a Ford dealership Any kids or furbabies? One giant puppy- Louie the chocolate lab Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Seeing all the details that go into making one beautiful, exciting day! What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Great ideas, support, commeraderie Any other comments or fun facts about you? I enjoy DIY projects- if I can get them finished. I work for a fabric and craft store, which is dangerous!
    Posted by Honeybee685[/QUOTE]
  • Hi! I'm Shari, and here's my introduction and the scoop on our wedding:

Wedding Date: September 7, 2013

Wedding Location: We are getting married in the African Rift Valley exhibit at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Wedding Colors: Champagne, light brown, copper, and Venetian gold.

Wedding Theme: We're going for "elegant safari."

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): The number changes daily!

Number of guests: 70-85 

How long have you been with your significant other? Since July 16, 2010

Length of engagement: 17 months

City/State where you live/work: Colorado Springs, Colorado.

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work in the marketing department for a one-on-one cognitive training company, and he works for a nonprofit community health provider in the city.

Any kids or furbabies? We have two fabulous pups -- an Alaskan Malamute and Husky/Malamute mix.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I'm just excited to marry my best friend in the world, and we're both enjoying planning our wedding at a fun venue.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support and encouragement -- so many other friends and family members are marrying this year, so I feel they're a bit "tapped out" on the topic. It's nice to have somewhere to turn!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I was born and raised in Oregon, have lived in London twice and we are both passionate history nerds Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

• Wedding Date: September 14, 2013

Wedding Location: Columbus, OH

Wedding Colors: black, white & silver

Wedding Theme: Elegant/Modern/Glitz/Classy

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): We have planned to go up to $40,000 if necessary because both of us are planning on only having one wedding, though as things are starting to come together, we are finding that we are either at budget or under budget, so hopefully we can shave $5-10K off of that number

Number of guests: Inviting around 260-280, but all of our guests will be traveling from northern Ohio, so we are expecting about 220 to actually show

How long have you been with your significant other? Since August 15, 2010--so almost 2 1/2 years

Length of engagement: when the wedding day gets here, we'll have been engaged for 13 months

City/State where you live/work: Columbus, OH

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?

I am a school social worker. My FI is a pollster/consultant for companies/market research/politics/city governments.

Any kids or furbabies? Nope.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Knowing that in the end I will be married to the kind of man that I've always dreamed about. I've enjoyed the planning process so far :)

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Advice, ideas, and maybe some friendships

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_introductions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa300c1e-88dd-4a5d-a34c-e7f17ba633c7Post:5b8fca2f-435e-4e0c-98bc-18b8695370a6">Re: Introductions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding Date: 9/21/11 Wedding Location: St. Paul, Minnesota Wedding Colors: Black, Platinum, and a shade similar to fuschia  Wedding Theme: Don't really have a named themed but going for like a modern/traditional thing Wedding Budget (if you care to share): they say it'll be around 20K Number of guests: 250-300 How long have you been with your significant other? this Decemeber will be 7 years Length of engagement: Oct. 2011-Sep. 2013 City/State where you live/work: Saint Cloud, MN What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a Dental Assistant and he works in a Warehouse Any kids or furbabies? no babies but we have a very pretty Chocolate Lab 1year old named Kali :D Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: everything from envisioning my life with Eric to picking out my dress and spending time with my mom as we talk about centerpieces. What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? ideas and help :D Any other comments or fun facts about you? umm... not really sure I guess if you want to know something about me just let me know!
    Posted by apuariea87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>apuariea87, where in St. Paul are you getting married? Ours is at the MN Boat Club!

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: 9/28/13

Wedding Location: Malvern, PA (Chester Valley Golf Club)

Wedding Colors: Lavender and sage

Number of guests: 150ish

How long have you been with your significant other? 4 years (9/28/08)

Length of engagement: 4/28/12-9/28/13, exactly 17 months.

City/State where you live/work: Philadelphia, PA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a Nanny and FI is currently a railroad laborer, but is trying to get into medical equipment sales.

Any kids or furbabies? 2 kitties, Raja and Dory

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I feel like it's bringing everyone closer together, which is so nice.

• edited January 2013

Wedding Date:   September 28, 2013

Wedding Location:    Canton, Ohio

Wedding Colors:   Montana Blue and Silver

Wedding Theme:   Celestial

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):   n/a

Number of guests:   50 - 100

How long have you been with your significant other?  3.5 years

Length of engagement:   2.75 years

City/State where you live/work:   Canton, Ohio

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?  I am a homemaker 

and my partner, Megan, is an Inventory Specialist

Any kids or furbabies?   none, yet

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:  all of the surprizes for her on that day

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  sharing excitement and ideas and venting space with other brides in (relatively) the same planning process place 
    Laughing

Any other comments or fun facts about you?   We were previously on theknot, but had to put our wedding off for a year due to finances.  Now that I know there is nothing stopping us, I am going full-steam and loving every minute of being a DIY Bride-to-Be!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• I don't think I ever posted this, so doing it now!

Wedding Date: September 21, 2013

Wedding Location: Brockton/Foxboro, MA

Wedding Colors: Charcoal gray with blush, cream and sage accents

Wedding Theme: Traditional with a little bit of a romantic/vintage feel

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): Significantly more than my darling parents are giving us :)

Number of guests: 175-200

How long have you been with your significant other? will be 7 years on February 11th

Length of engagement: 21 months

City/State where you live/work: outside of Boston, MA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a marketing specialist at a marketing services company. My FI is a finance advisor at a private wealth management firm.

Any kids or furbabies? none, yet. Working on a dog.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Getting together all of the people my FI and I love and cherish the most.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Recommendations for vendors, unique ideas for DIY projects, reassurance that I'm not going crazy :)

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I cannot wait to get married :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: September 14, 2013

Wedding Location: Texas Old Town

Wedding Colors: Sangria and an undecided color

Wedding Theme: Rustic is the overall "theme" but there will be tons of sunflowers, mason jars, burlap, and lace!

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): We're paying for most/all of it ourselves so we're trying to keep it cheap. I'm not sure how much we'll end up spending.

Number of guests:140/150

How long have you been with your significant other? Almost 3 1/2 years. It will be 4 years on our wedding day!

Length of engagement: About a year

City/State where you live/work: Texas

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am going to school, my FI works at a warehouse for the moment, but will be joining the police academy in a few months.

Any kids or furbabies? Yes! 2 dogs, 2 cats.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: That I will finally be able to marry my best friend! He is the most amazing man I know, and I am head over heels in love! I'm ready to get married!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? To keep myself on track with planning. I keep checking back to make sure I'm not getting behind!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? We are very young! I am almost 20 and FI is about to be 21.

• Wedding Date: september 14, 2013

Wedding Location: ottawa, ill st francis church

Wedding Colors: black white malibu tangerine

Wedding Theme: good question

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): as cheap as i can make it for my father

Number of guests: 200+

How long have you been with your significant other? since september 2, 2010

Length of engagement: 2 years by time of wedding

City/State where you live/work: ottawa, ill

i am a correctional officer and he is a timeshare salesman

Any kids or furbabies? we have on e fur baby Olivia June

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: trying on dresses

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas!!! 

• Wedding Date: 9-2-13

Wedding Location: Franklin, TN

Wedding Colors: All shades of blue, and browns, with burlap and lace

Wedding Theme: "Becoming a Family"

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): 6K EEEKKKK!!!

How long have you been with your significant other? Together just over a year, known eachother about 2 1/2 years

Length of engagement: will be about 9 months

City/State where you live/work: Nashville, TN

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? We both work for call-centers in the area (me T-mobile, him- Caremark/CVS)

Any kids or furbabies? 2 kids (1 12 year old girl and 2 year old monkey boy)

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: The chance to become a family!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? When I had my son, I became part of the Birth board on babycenter.com, I am still friends with some of those ladies to this day! I hope maybe I can get the same kind of friendships out of this! We may only have 1 thing in common to start with, but I think after 8 1/2 months of planning together we will find many things in common!!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? not really... Kinda boring lol :-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_introductions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:fa300c1e-88dd-4a5d-a34c-e7f17ba633c7Post:b969ace5-0136-451a-ba4d-3c52d815c7d5">Re: Introductions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I grow up in Batavia, What year did you graduate?  In Response to Re: Introductions! :
    Posted by photobunny86[/QUOTE]

<div>Photobunny- I work in Batavia!  I grew up in the suburbs of Rochester, graduated in 2003.  Gosh, do I feel old!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jhill7389jhill7389 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013

Wedding Date: September 14th, 2013

Wedding Location: Chrisman Mill Vineyard, Kentucky

Wedding Colors: Turquoise and Red

Wedding Theme: Not positive..... I just want it to be fun!

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): No more than 10,000. God help me

Number of guests: 75-100

How long have you been with your significant other? 4 years

Length of engagement: Engaged Jan. 23rd 2012

City/State where you live/work: Right now Lexington, KY but I'm on the job hunt!

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I help housing partnerships receive federal funding to refurbish foreclosed homes due to the housing market crash. He is a reporter for a local newspaper.

Any kids or furbabies? 1 furbaby! Our cat who has 6 names because we couldn't agree on one.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Trying on dresses or eating cake

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Planning help. I seriously suck at making decisions.

Any other comments or fun facts about you? um, we are serious music lovers and have probably seen more than 100 live acts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wedding Location: Aldridge Gardens, Birmingham, AL

Wedding Colors: Green, Purple, Gray

Wedding Theme: No real theme

Number of guests:100-125

How long have you been with your significant other? over a year

Length of engagement: 10 months

City/State where you live/work: Birmingham, AL

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a project manager for an ad firm and he is a mortgage banker

Any kids or furbabies? A yorkie named Tiger Augustus aka GUS!

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: marrying my best friend!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? I want to make sure I'm on task and am not behind. It will also be wonderful to share some of the anxiety and get others opinions.

Any other comments or fun facts about you?  My FI and I met in Bham however he lived in Atlanta. after dating long distance for almost a year he transfered and moved to Bham. We got engaged 1 Year exactly to the date, time, place and event where we met.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  

Wedding Date: 09/01/2013

Wedding Location: Central MA / Country Club

Wedding Colors: Mediteranean Blue, Pistachio Green, Ivory

Wedding Theme: No clue???

Wedding Budget (if you care to sare): $13K

Number of guests: 100-125

How long have you been with your significant other? 5 years

Length of engagement: 3 years

City/State where you live/work: MA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? Commercial Lending (me) and Retail Sales Supervisor

Any kids or furbabies? I have 1 daughter, and we have 1 dog and 2 cats

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: The music - I am obsessed

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas, support, and honest opinions from people in the same boat

Any other comments or fun facts about you? Not that I can think of.

• edited January 2013

Wedding Date: September 21, 2013

Wedding Location: Philadelphia, PA

Wedding Colors: Sunbeam Yellow and Cornflower Blue

Wedding Theme: Two Hearts, One Love

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $20,000.00

How long have you been with your significant other? Reunited for 2yrs & 5mos

Length of engagement: 1 1/2 yrs

City/State where you live/work: Philadephia, PA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am an Accounts Payable Specialist for a Workers Comp company. My fiance is a Heavy Equipment Operatr for the City of Philadelphia

Any kids or furbabies? We have 6 children & 5 grandchildren between us.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Finally getting to marry my first love.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Getting and giving advice.

Any other comments or fun facts about you?

Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Location: Boynton Beach (ceremony) & Delray Beach (reception)
    Wedding Colors: Purple, with gold accents and a hint of teal
    Wedding Theme: Peacock
    Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $10K
    Number of guests: 75
    How long have you been with your significant other? Over 2 years
    Length of engagement: Since March 25, 2012
    City/State where you live/work: We both live in Boynton Beach, FL. He works in Boyton Beach while I work in Miami.
    What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a Project Analyst for a Medical Supply Distributor.  He is a dept manager for Publix, a supermarket
    Any kids or furbabies?  An adopted furbaby, Katie.  A yellow lab mixed with who knows what.
    Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:  Thinking about partying our hearts out because we are M-A-R-R-I-E-D!!!
    What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  Getting to know ladies who are there with me in regards to the stress levels, frustrations, joys, etc.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • edited February 2013

Wedding Date: September 7th

Wedding Location: Sumner, Washington

Wedding Colors: Ivory/Black/Pale Pink

Wedding Theme: Romance

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $12,000

Number of guests: 150

How long have you been with your significant other? 4 1/2 years

Length of engagement: 1 month

City/State where you live/work: Puyallup, Washington

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?  Boeing customer Support.  Partner is a general contractor, self employed

Any kids or furbabies? 3 year old son, 5 year old pom/chi

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:  HONEYMOON!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  Get ideas, help, and ability to vent

Any other comments or fun facts about you?  I have been planning my wedding since I was 12, but now that it is actually here nothing I thought I wanted all these years is what I actually want!

• edited February 2013

Wedding Date: September 7th 2013

Wedding Location: Mount Vernon, Washington

Wedding Colors: Coral and Turqouise

Wedding Theme: Burlap & Lace

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): Don't have one. We're paying ourselves but have a lot of connections.

Number of guests: 150

How long have you been with your significant other? 2 1/2 Years

Length of engagement: 9 Months

City/State where you live/work: Mount Vernon, Washington

What do you do for a living? Anesthesia/Surgery Assistant

What does your partner do? Union Crane Operator

Any kids or furbabies? 1, 5 year old daughter Sophie, that FI will be adopting.

And 2 Pups, Murphy and Maggie... A shepard and yellow lab, ages 4 and 14

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Watching FI's face light up as we hash out the details.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support and laughter!!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? We're getting married in the (empty) horse barn on our property. We live on 12 acres in a 3 bedroom house. FI is very handy and accountable and with all this wedding hooplah I find myself dizzily in love with him. We are VERY fly by the seat of our pants. Fishing is very much a huge part of our lives.

Looking forward to making friends!

-Jenn

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers March Siggy: Wedding Hair Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wedding Date: 9/14/13

Wedding Location:  DFW

Wedding Colors: Either Raspberry or Blue and Chocolate

Wedding Theme: Western/Rustic

Number of guests: TBD Approx 100

How long have you been with your significant other? 2 years

Length of engagement: 7 1/2 months

City/State where you live/work:  North of Dallas TX

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?  I work in IT and he's been at UPS for 15 yrs

Any kids or furbabies? We have 5 kids between the two of us (I have 2 girls and he has 3 boys)

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Having this wedding truly represent our personalities

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  Encouragement and Reminders of what to do next as well as ideas for most anything

Any other comments or fun facts about you?  We're a country couple so the theme is cowboy/rustic and DIY

• Wedding Date: SEPTEMBER 19, 2013

Wedding Location: BROOKSHIRE, TX

Wedding Colors: ROYAL/SAPPHIRE BLUE & CREAM/TAN

Wedding Theme: RUSTIC

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): 10,000

Number of guests: 150-200

How long have you been with your significant other? 5 yrs

Length of engagement: 14 months

City/State where you live/work: Houston, TX

What do you do for a living? ACCOUNTING
    What does your partner do? WAREHOUSE

Any kids or furbabies? NONE

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? suggestions/help and offer help to others as well

Any other comments or fun facts about you?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards