Military Brides
Options

Its not monday. Its tuesday night chat?

13»

Re: Its not monday. Its tuesday night chat?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks Sami. that's what I have to bring. I have with me...
    ss receipt
    birth cert
    marriage cert ("certified copy")
    EDL (enhanced Driver's Licesnse .. basically Half a passport because it let's me into Canada lol)

I think I'm pretty set...
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Someone had said something about Pecan cookies... speaking of Pecans.

FI and I had a discussion about the difference between P-Cans and Pecans... Mostly because it drives me up the wall when people say "P-Can Pie" ...but then call the nuts "Pecans" ...same nuts... no need to call it anything different. FI tried to convince me that putting the Pecans in a pie makes it a "P-Can pie"

Either way, How do you pronounce this type of nut?

Edited for clarity. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-night-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:469b0a9d-438c-4f39-ad3f-07b4b61959a5Post:3f15e3b9-9be6-4308-b11e-165f71c84645">Re: Its not monday. Its tuesday night chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone had said something about Pecan cookies... speaking of Pecans. FI and I had a discussion about the difference between P-Cans and Pecans... Mostly because it drives me up the wall when people say "P-Can Pie" ...but then call the nuts "Pecans" ...same nuts... no need to call it anything different. FI tried to convince me that putting the Pecans in a pie makes it a "P-Can pie" <strong>Either way, What are these?</strong>
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    I hate when people say P-can... I know you can say it both ways, but P-can just sounds so country to me and it grates on my nerves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMFAO oh my goodness...
    H is from the south.. he says P-can.
    It hurts my soul.
    Amanda are you actually asking us?
    ..... if so... yes.. yes dear.. the picture you posted are Pecans..
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It was more of a "How do you pronounce this"  in my haste to post and answer my phone I forgot to re-read my post for clarity. 

I originally from the north but grew up down south... so it drives me crazy to hear all the country talk.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I see. Well I don't think there IS a proper pronunciation... Idk. I say Peh-cons. H says P-cans.
    I think that's a North US/South US split.
  • Options
    melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FTL and Amanda, I am born and raised in the South, and it hurts my soul and my head to hear the pronunciation P-can. It's a pe-con. Argh.

Anyway, my homework is finally done, the govenor election has been decided, and prop. 26 has been officially defeated... The rest of the elections I can catch up on in the morning. I'm calling it a night and going to call the FI. It'll be nice to actually have a real (as in, longer than 5 minute) conversation with him. Good night everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I generally say Pecahn... I have a pretty thick southern accent though.  I also used to pronounce the "L" in Salmon.. but only when I was talking about the color.  H makes fun of the way I say "Hi", "Eight", "Nine", "Etouffee", "Grits", really anything with a long "i"..The night we met he laughed for a good ten minutes listening to me tell him what my rate was (aviation administration).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bahaha ok this is random and it seems like everyone is gone.. but my photographer just posted this picture of my sister and H dancing at the reception (it's cool because in the background is me, MIL, BIL, and SIL)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha.. I love random candids especially of people dancing!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreeed. It made for a hilarious conversation on the photo posted on fb too. haha. Why are you up so late, Samij?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Ladies I backed out of the thread.  I got distracted by Gibbs on NCIS and then I fell asleep. 

As for this southern girl I say Peh-canh.  I don't not say P-can as that makes my skin crawl. 

FTL & Sami- I love candids.  There is one from our reception that looks like an older lady that I am friends with is about to flash the camera (New Orleans style).  HA
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha firsty, LOVE that picture of your sis and H!!! So cute, and she looks just like you!

Also, I say pah-cahn. In case anyone cares.
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-night-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:469b0a9d-438c-4f39-ad3f-07b4b61959a5Post:f0c683dd-8d90-41ad-931f-70820161502f">Re: Its not monday. Its tuesday night chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha firsty, LOVE that picture of your sis and H!!! So cute, and she looks just like you! Also, <strong>I say pah-cahn</strong>. In case anyone cares.
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what my family says.
    Anyways, the state of MS voted , by a decent margin, No on 26, but the Personhood people want to make this a ballot initiative in Nevada, Florida, Oregon, and Ohio (and I think some others) so there's that.
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_monday-night-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:469b0a9d-438c-4f39-ad3f-07b4b61959a5Post:f0a49c79-0e2f-45da-8138-b3a2d0432e33">Re: Its not monday. Its tuesday night chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like pumpkin pie.  I'm made some pumpkin pecan cookies recently that were pretty fab also.. Why do you ask? FTL-I think I took like 48 million documents, but I only needed my marriage certificate,  and the paper from the SS office that said I had filed to change my name..
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    I have this kick butt recipe for white chocolate pumpkin cookies. Would you like it?
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards