Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Thank you from Becky

I got this from her this morning!

"I want to ask a favor.  I received the most beautiful bouquet of white lilies from the "brides from the Knot" and a very kind and thoughtful card with many signatures from them.  I saw your name as one.  I want to thank them all with an humble and grateful heart.  Is there some way you can get on the knot and let them know how much I appreciate them.  I would really appreciate it."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thank you from Becky

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE HER.
    Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, that gives me goosebumps.  I am so glad that we were able to do that for her.  Thank you again, Stephie, for organizing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, this made me cry!  She is such a sweet lady.

Thanks Stephie for organizing this.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm so happy to see that--thank you so much Angela!

ETA: Oh and the thanks goes to you guys--I think we had around 20 signatures on that card.  I was so happy to show her we were thinking of her.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for posting that, Angela!  I wasn't kidding when I got into cheeseball mode last week about how awesome it was for everyone to come together to do that for her and show her how much we appreciate her and thinking of her and her family during this time.  It's AWESOME.  Between this and another person's exceptionally untimely passing last week (she was 28...), I have made it a personal goal to try to be more proactive in reaching out to others and doing random acts of kindness.

This made my day.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I was late and missed getting in on this! I'm picking up my dress from her this weekend, and thought about bringing her some flowers, or just something nice. Would this be inappropriate? I dont want to further upset her..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww yay!  I am so glad!  Thanks again Stephie! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again Stephanie and thank you Angela for sharing Becky's words with us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_thank-becky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e018bd86-7de8-420d-b06c-fe559b8480b1Post:a47188ee-66fa-494b-ab46-f3ce0ebe213c">Re: Thank you from Becky</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately I was late and missed getting in on this! I'm picking up my dress from her this weekend, and<strong> thought about bringing her some flowers, or just something nice. Would this be inappropriate? </strong>I dont want to further upset her..
    Posted by Amanda667[/QUOTE]

When my 3 yr old daughter passed away, a friend sent a Pothos Ivy plant vs roses or flowers that would eventually die off. I'm not a gardener by any means, but that particular Ivy continues to live long and prosper. My mom has cut several pieces off and let them grow elsewhere. She also has had the plant for 4 yrs now as we just hit Ehlana's 4-yr anniversary of her passing date on Sept. 23rd. I thought it was really sweet of someone to get something that was sent in remembrance of her that will continue to live. While her earthly body may not be living, her new body in heaven is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Stephie for organizing and Angela for posting this made me all teary eyed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards