Florida-North Florida
Options

Learned something new today

So originally we really wanted to have our wedding at Slammer & Squire at the WGV, however it is more than we wanted to spend so we marked it off our list and found another country club which is beautiful (Marsh Landing) and includeds everything for $90/person.  I had already sent several e-mails to the director for slammer & squire so she knew that we liked the venue, she e-mailed me today to ask if I needed any more info and if I wanted to come take a tour.  I responded that we really wanted to have our wedding there, but they are out of our price range and that I found places for $90 which included everything. 

So I learned that venues are hurting for money too..... she responded back that she could probably put together a package for that price and asked if she could put a proposal together for me.  So she is doing just that! 

We haven't viewed the venue, so we may still like Marsh Landing better, but we may get our first choice after all!

Re: Learned something new today

• Options
    Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome, I hope everything works out for you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great. I hope everything falls into place for you!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So we decided to stick with Marsh Landing.  It seemed like at Slammer & Squire that corners would be cut to fit into our budget and I didn't want that.  We love Marsh Landing - it is a really good price, it looks great, the food is really good, the director is really nice and its in a good location.  Making the deposit today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister's reception was at Marsh Landing several years ago and my parents/she was happy with it back then and I had heard it's been completely redone since her wedding. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards