May 2013 Weddings

May Wedding Ceremony Start Time

We are getting married by a lake in NC and need to decide a good start time for our ceremony. Can anyone help me with some ideas? Thanks ladies :

Re: May Wedding Ceremony Start Time

• We're getting married outside in SC on May 25th, and we're having a 4pm start time.  Or 4:30.  I'm not 100% sure yet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • FLGatorGal88FLGatorGal88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    What is your wedding date? Depending on the day it could determine when your ceremony should start. We are getting married on May 26 which is a Sunday  and we were thinking about starting our ceremony at 4:30pm ending at 10:00.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married on a Saturday and our ceremony will be at 6pm.

• Our ceremony is at 4 pm and the cocktail hour/reception (about a half hour away) starts at 6.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're on a Friday. Ceremony staring at 6:30. Reception ending at 11:30. We wanted the ceremony to start in enough time to get some pics done at sundown.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • melb2013melb2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Religious leaders sometimes dictate the ceremony time for a variety of reasons, so I'd check into that.  That's not an issue if you are having a non-religious ceremony.  Also, the day of week affects that too.  We're getting married on a Saturday and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6-7, reception 7-11:30

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Our wedding is Saturday, May 25 and while the ceremony time isn't 100% set in stone yet, we're are most likely going to go with a 4:30 ceremony (outside) with a 5-6 cocktail hour & 6-10 reception.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're getting married Friday May 31 and our ceremony starts at 6pm :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • May 27 at 4:30....where in NC? :)
  • Thanks so much ladies : It is Saturday May 25 and its on Lake Wylie but the address is Charlotte, NC. We have our venue until midnight, and I had no clue for a good start time. Your ideas helped tons :
  • Take your ceremony time into account when planning a time-line. We're having communion at our service (not Catholic, Methodist, but FI wants communion) so we're having a 3pm start and cocktail hr 5-6.

Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_may-wedding-ceremony-start-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:d9110ae6-dc7d-46a2-98e6-d957fbb4240aPost:f86dcd56-421a-4286-99b3-6fc9274085c7">Re:May Wedding Ceremony Start Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much ladies : It is Saturday May 25 and its on Lake Wylie but the address is Charlotte, NC. We have our venue until midnight, and I had no clue for a good start time. Your ideas helped tons :
    Posted by ana&cdp[/QUOTE]

Love Charlotte! Hopefully we'll head that way before summer ends to go to Carowinds.
  • We are getting married on 18th of May which is a Saturday. Ours is formal wedding at 5:30pm and reception end at 11:3012:00. I think it depends on what you and FI want.
  • We're on Sunday the 26th (Memorial Day weekend), and we are thinking about doing a 5:30 ceremony, 6-7 cocktail hour, and 7-10:30 reception. We are doing our ceremony and reception in the same place, and our venue only gives us 5 hours :-( That seems so short to me, so we may shell out the extra money to extend the reception.

Do we need to do a full cocktail hour, or could we cut it down to a half hour to have more dancing time later on?
  • We are getting married Friday , May 17 at 6pm.  Cocktail hour from 7p-8p.  Reception will end at 12 midnight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards