New Jersey

Pantagis Renaissance

I love this place website and I hear they are affordable. The only thing is they have really bad reviews on goggle so I was wondering anyone have any experience with them or went to visit them?
TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pantagis Renaissance

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go and see for yourself, it is affordable and impressive to look at. ( I drive by it a lot) Ask for a food tasting...
  • edited December 2011
    We went to see this location because it fit into our budget. The chapel is very nice and I loved the staircase in the one larger room. The food is the same as what they serve in the restaurant which is what the person who showed me around said. He said we could eat at the restaurant for a tasting. They didn't have much by way of the dessert.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been there several times for brunch and I thought the food was good.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It isn't for everyone- but you have to see for yourself. We were turned off by the massive amounts of wood paneling- but the place is definitely unique.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • gia0404gia0404 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked...Somewhat affordable depending on what the menu is...MUST get chair covers! There chairs are disgusting! They really should include them - but don't!
    *****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go visit there, continue down Rt. 22 East to La Affaire in Mountainside... we just went to an event there and it was really nice, and the food was good.

http://laffaire.com/
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! This Venue search has been exhausting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is but have you looked at the Berkely Plaza?  DF and I are getting married there and it's really quite reasonable.  The food is excellent and the  backdrop (inside the buidling) is beautiful.   If you like the staircase shots they have a beautiful staircase in the Plaza Ballroom.  Here's their site.  http://www.berkeleyplaza.com/ We are getting married on 10/10/10 and the Plaza Ballroom is still available.  Somebody cancelled their night wedding there.
    10/10/10- Ten years in the making!
  • Swan21Swan21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding here in 2009. It was ok. I wasn't really impressed, and H was hungry by the time we got home. Cocktail hour and dinner were both done in the same room.
    image.
    edited December 2011
    kmf81 what did you get quoted if you  don't mind me asking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what your budget is or how far south you are willing to go...but Channel Club can be reasonable depending on when you want to get married. If you go to a bridal show you can taste their food and they tend to run specials if you attend the show. It is on the water and has panoramic views. FI and I were close to booking it but we went with Ravello's instead. I was quoted 72pp for a Friday in Nov.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    My budget is under 100 pp with tax and tip included. Thanks for the info! I have already visited 7 venues some in my price range, some not but nothing has made screamed "pick me" to us yet. Also don't want to go to far south, have to think about my guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    NJgurl, I would recommend checking out The Primavera Regency in Stirling.  I am having my wedding there next month.  You get a lot included in the price.  Mine is a little over $100 per head (including tax/grat), but not sure if that's pushing your budget.  You have a lot of food during the cocktail hour, entree choices, open bar, chair covers included, cake included, centerpieces included, linen choice included.  I've read nothing but wonderful reviews about them and have received great reviews from people with personal experiences there.  They do tastings that are complimentary to the bride and groom and assured us that if we weren't satisfied we would received 100% back of our deposit.  www.theprimavera.com

Also, most venues, if you just call, they will give you an estimate ballpark per head.

There are some other people on the boards that have had good experiences at The Atrium in West Orange and have said it was very reasonable.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    There's only been one girl I've known of who had her reception there, and it was nearly 3 years ago. Steph/DonsGirl was pleased though. Our reception was at the Bridgewater Manor for well under $100pp. A former coworker of my mom's is having her reception at Jacques in Middletown for $80pp in a few weeks (Friday night wedding).
    Personally I'd stay away from the Berkeley Plaza. We went to a wedding there almost 2 years ago, and for the price they paid (more than us) we had way better food - and a bigger selection - a nicer room and exceptionally better service.
  • I am thinking of having my wedding there as well. Did you ever decide?
  • This thread is 4 years old. You might want to start a new 1 since you will likely get more responses.

I can tell you that I went to brunch there for Mother's Day 2 years ago and the food was awful and the service even worse. There are much nicer venues in the area that will be a much better value.
  • @KnotPorscha, zombie thread

I was there a few months ago for an event, and the food was just meh. I've honestly had better food at the TGIFriday's across the highway. The building itself hasn't changed since my parents got married there over 20 years ago. It's tired and dingy looking. In its prime, Pantagis was THE place to have your wedding, but no longer. The entire place is stuck in a time warp or something.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards