Canada-Ontario

Visting Toronto

Hello ladies!

I think the last time I posted on this board was when I was looking for a small venue in Toronto, which I have thankfully found (Hyatt Regency on King St.) As I mentioned before, I live in the states so we had to trust our planner and put a deposit down sight unseen. We are finally going for a visit next month to meet with vendors and see the venue and we will probably have time for some sightseeing. We haven't been to Toronto in several years and we were wondering if anyone could recommend activities or (cheap) restaurants downtown that we should check out during our stay. Any advice is appreciated :)

Thanks!

Re: Visting Toronto

• edited December 2011
    the Art gallery of Ontario has a special King Tut exhibit which I've heard is really cool
    http://www.toronto.com/museum_exhibits/event/635985

There is also the Bata shoe museum
    http://www.batashoemuseum.ca/

And a good inexpensive restaurant is "The Pickle Barrel"
    There's one inside the Eaton's cente so you could check out the mall at the same time.
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Greek town, Little Italy, China town, Queen Street, St. Lawrence Market, The Distillery District, Kensington Market... take your pick! 

Do yourself a favour and get away from the Eaton's Centre area.  You're not going all the way to Toronto to eat a chain restaurant and hang out at a mall, are you?  Toronto's beauty is in its cultural diversity.  Enjoy!  I'll be there in just three days, and I can't wait (I've been away for a year and a half).
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sort of on topic - which part of the Hyatt are you having your reception? In the ballroom or downstairs restaurant?

I've got pics from when I did my venue visits, if you fancy seeing them before you see it in real life. :)

They did a beautiful job redesigning the hotel foyer and restaurant.
  • edited December 2011
    hey!

I've created a wedding website for our guests and have listed a bunch of activities to do in Toronto for our out of town guests.  Hope you have a great time and congrats on finding the venue!

www.christianandashley2010.weebly.com
  • SeldomSeldom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, we definitely do not want to dine at any chain restaurants!

We're having a relatively small wedding so I believe it is the upstairs Regency Club and associated patio, weather permitting. I would love to see any photos you have!
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm the Regency Club upstairs? Ok, I won't be much help because I didn't even know that existed! I only have pics of the ballroom and downstairs, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    St Lawrence Market area is great if you are a foodie, a cook or just love to poke about in markets (Saturday early morning is best). If you want to take a trip up the CN tower to see the city from above, make a booking for lunch in the restaurant, the trip up the tower is free! The food is good and isn't much differently priced from any other restaurant downtown. The Distillery is great for food/shop/nigh fun as is College street West and the Entertainment district downtown. If you go to Toronto.com everything you ever wanted to know (and more) is there.

BTW the hyatt is beautiful!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards