Wedding Party

Need some knottie brain storm

So I am going to do a TTD session. Yes, I am! Especially now that I have my new body. I have to get the dress retailored. I am doing it in October so the colors in NY will be starting to change.

What I need is some brain storming on places that I should pose at. I wanted to make the session artistic because we will move back to CA when we want to have kids. I know not everyone is from NY, but this is my board and people have visited the city before or at least seen some pretty cool things on tv.

So far, I have Brooklyn Bridge, somewhere with the sky line in the background, in the subway, and times square at night. Any other ideas?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: Need some knottie brain storm

• Central Park?  How "trashed" are you willing to get it?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Not really at all actually. DH and my parents HATE it when I say "trash" the dress so now we refer to it as "rock" the dress. It's gonna get a little dirty and it is permanently dirty from the wedding day, but I'm not jumping in any mud.
    My Planning Bio
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    You could take a ferry ride on either the Hudson or East Rivers and get some shots there. Our engagement session was on the ferry from New Jersey to the Statue of Liberty and we got a ton of cool shots, with both the skyline and the Statue/Ellis Island in the background.

Washington Square Park with the big archway

Union Square and the Flatiron Building

Coney Island

If you're baseball fans, maybe do something at Citifield or Yankee Stadium?

The Meatpacking District apparently has a lot of photo ops. A lot of girls on my local board get their e-pics taken there.

Grand Central Station, but IDK if you need a permit for that

As far as the subway, IDK if they will allow you to take photos, so you may want to check into that. They've been a bit strict since 9/11 and the attempted terrorist plots that came after that, or so I've heard ... I've never seen a camera confiscated on the subway but I think I've seen signs up (and I admittedly don't take the subway all that often, I'm usually take the PATH into the city and then walk wherever I need to go).
  • Ooh that's a fun idea!
    My Planning Bio
  • South St. Seaport with the boats! 

Are you a baseball fan?  Could you do some with one of the stadiums in the background?

• Coney Island would be great!  What do you mean by new body?  Have you lost a lot of weight?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lilou, yes, I have lost over 20 pounds!
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards