Snarky Brides
Options

Anyone up?

2»

Re: Anyone up?

• Options
    The new one looks like it could be good but I'm worried it will be all the same tricks again.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think you're supposed to use hot, but I'm never sure so I just wash everything on warm. I'm no help
    imageimage
  • Options
    I use hot water when I use bleach.  I'd imagine that would depend on the type of fabric you're washing, though.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'd say hot, but Im no laundry expert. It just seems like hot water would lift stains better than cold. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • Options
    I was thinking hot too. Thanks!
  • Options
    So, random side note. Is it just me, or is a very large percentage of postings on TN about soandso's husband being a worthless piece of sh!t, cheating, talking down to, abusing, abandoning etc. Its so bleak. Makes me want to go watch The Notebook to wash away all of the negativity. I mean by no means is FI perfect but he's no where near the terrors these women talk about. Also, I am finding more and more that misery loves company. Its like the more negative things I read/hear the more negatively I view things and the more negatively I act towards life in general. 
    Note to self: stay in rainbows and puppy dogs land. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just got up, DH is leaving in a few hours for Minnesota. So my plan is to clean all day. I love to celan the house when no one is home, because it usually stays that way longer. And I enjoy it more.

And Cew it's hot, run the water add the detergent/bleach and let it fill up before you add the whites.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KD - I'd be happy to leave my house for a couple of hours if you'll come clean it up. :)
  • Options
    agreed kid- I like to refer to FI as "hurricane hubby". 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea8d0c58-baaa-4f63-a28d-b2655fc92b37Post:a87c876c-e5fa-4688-a1a2-69bd82f4d434">Re: Anyone up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]agreed kid- I like to refer to FI as "hurricane hubby". 
    Posted by RYoung1485[/QUOTE]

Then you know what I mean, and he gets it too. He looked at me last night and said why pray tell are you waiting till I leave to clean? Like he doesnt know.

Cew-I will gladly clean your house, but you have to promise to keep it clean for more then a day!
  • Options
    Cew-I always use hot :)

I am now up.. however reluctantly. I spent all day (like literally ALL DAY) yesterday at a baby shower for H's aunt. I actually had a blast with H's family and then all the men in the family joined us. It was really really nice.

as for house cleaning... between work and class I am never home and neither is H with his new job. I am deseperately trying to convince him we need to consider having someone come in every other week and clean. It seems so silly to pay someone but at the same time I need to focus on my studies and I get so stressed about the house. 
    With his new J- H is out of the house at 6 and home at 7:30 but hes exhausted. Weekends he cleans as much as he can but he wants to relax too and I am at the library... 

is a maid insanity?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    HA FI will waltz in and shower me with praise when I clean up after him. Its a nice little exchange. 
  • Options
    Thanks Bree!
  • Options
    Star- GET A MAID! I grew up with a maid every now and again and almost every place I have lived in since I was 18 and out of my parents house with roommates we have had a maid. It feels a little silly but its not worth spending your only time together forcing yourself to not relax. If you can afford it, do it. It makes life so much easier. You'd be surprised about how much less stress you'll feel by not having to do the "big clean" every week. 
  • Options
    Star- I vote for maid. Seriously weigh it out. If you are less stressed you may get more accomplished. I say go for it.
  • Options
    thanks guys. I think we can afford it if we are smart about it (maybe not go out to dinner constantly which we can manage if I can cook with my little free time instead of clean). I mean.. the only cleaning time is time like this- when I am sitting at home doing work (and popping into the knot as I take notes). It isn't working...

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Do you have like a Merry Maids near you. Someone thats bonded/insured. I would be particular about who I let in my house. Maybe check Angies list?

Just do it, I've thought of it... seriously.
  • Options
    KD- I just requested a quote from a bonded/insured place H's aunt has been using. They charge her $100 every two weeks for her home. Our townhouse is CONSIDERABLY smaller and we don't have the hardwood floors in need of shining so I am hoping it will be more in our price range. Merry maids is also around so I am going to try them too.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    I'm finally up. I'm about to pig out on some Spaghettios then attack H's invoicing demands. That is, if Whisky would ever get off my lap. He's so cute, I don't want to move him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea8d0c58-baaa-4f63-a28d-b2655fc92b37Post:be831812-03cd-4e02-9bac-42a864db8512">Re: Anyone up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm finally up. I'm about to pig out on some Spaghettios then attack H's invoicing demands. That is, if Whisky would ever get off my lap. He's so cute, I don't want to move him.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Dont you just hate that, I fell asleep with a cat cradled in my arm lat night. I was so uncomfortable, but I hated to disturb him. DH thinks I'm sick.
  • Options
    We just woke up about 30 minutes ago, so I missed my window to get to the grocery store before the after church horde. FI wants to go to the taqueria for breakfast, so I'm just waiting for him to get out of the shower. 

We have the Saints game to watch today, and then maybe I'll get my centerpieces put together. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ehh. I'm here, eating cold pizza for breakfast. Its actually late for me to be just getting up.. I was tired though- worked at Dillard's yesterday and left with a migraine so I didn't even set my alarm last night. Didn't care.
    Today is major laundry day. I need some clean clothes pretty bad.
    Hope you ladies have a great day, I'm gonna try and stay offline as much as possible today (haha)

Oh, Paranormal Activity didn't scare me for some reason. I am usually the world's biggest scary movie weenie, but it just made me laugh. I thought it was stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards