Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Chocolate Brown Wedding

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out which color to use to accent my chocolate brown wedding. The wedding is October 15th.   I attached a pic of the bridesmaids dresses which are chocolate brown.  And the reception hall tables will have chocolate brown overlays on them.  Originally I was going to have the groomsmen wear the matching brown vest with a black tux but everything seems so dark.  I want a color that is really going to add a pop of color to the wedding.  Any ideas?

Re: Chocolate Brown Wedding

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rose, light pink, light blue, lavendar, canary yellow..
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last two weddings I attended did brown and pink and it looked really great. I think they both had the men wear a sandstone color suits, which can help it all not look so dark.

Another color that would look good would be a bright shade of blue- maybe turquoise. You could also do oranges and yellows.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding colors are going to be brown and orange. I may also add in fuschia to make this pop. We are having a September wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of the above suggestions sound great. Here are some inspiration boards I found:

Brown and pink:

This one is brown and turquoise with peach as an accent as well:

Hope that gives you some ideas!
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think with brown you could do just about any accent color! It all depends on what YOU like - I love the second concept board Kim posted! The turquoise and peach look great - esp the peach bouquet!! Are you having any sort of 'theme'? That might help narrow down the accent color possibilities :)
  • Options
    steelerschicksteelerschick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nope, no theme for the wedding.  I really like peach with the chocolate brown too.  I am not a big fan of blue so I am not crazy about the color turquoise.  I like the idea of pink but more of a fuschia than a softer pink.  My fiance liked the idea of a burnt orange vest.  Maybe we will just have to go to a tux shop to see the color choices in vests and go from there :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My main colors are chocolate brown and clover green. I really wanted to do brown and pink, but FI wasn't feeling it. We're accenting with blue and ivory. We picked the green after going to the tux shop. We loved the way it looked with a brown tux.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE brown and green together! Especially for September; it has the "fall feel" without using the normal fall colors (red, orange,etc)
  • Options
    concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Copper!  We're using chocolate brown, plum, and copper and it's turning out to be a really fun metallic instead of the standard silver or gold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards