Canada

ceremony idea tacky or not

So I live in Barrie ont. and they don't promote weddings in the parks. So you can get married there but you can't decorate or set up chairs.My fiance and I are on a tight budget and can't afford a country club or anything like that. However my soon to be sis in law has a big backyard as does my brother and sis in law. Would it be tacky to have the ceremony in a backyard?  Please Help totally stressing out.

Re: ceremony idea tacky or not

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not at all - decorate it, have a rain-plan, and have a blast on a budget!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, as long as you decorate it you can really make it feel special! Have a blast! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tseguintseguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Not Tacky.
  • snuff9861snuff9861 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definately considered it but then I found a hall that was cheaper than renting all the chairs and tables!
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    no tacky at all!!! sounds cozy and beautiful and really personal!!!  Have a blast!!
    The Newlywed ~~ Whitney Wells ~
  • LarissaMaryLarissaMary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would actually make it more special.
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Orillia, and one of the best weddings I ever attended there was a backyard wedding :)
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_ceremony-idea-tacky-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:6120688c-5820-424e-b347-ebe17e69cfc5Post:7f30f310-6107-47e5-9a37-f1d89f682731">ceremony idea tacky or not</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I live in Barrie ont. and they don't promote weddings in the parks. So you can get married there but you can't decorate or set up chairs.My fiance and I are on a tight budget and can't afford a country club or anything like that. However my soon to be sis in law has a big backyard as does my brother and sis in law. Would it be tacky to have the ceremony in a backyard?  Please Help totally stressing out.
    Posted by JanetG08[/QUOTE]

Maybe you could still get married in the park...depending on the time of year you could set up picnic blankets for guests to sit on. Or if you're having a super short and intimate wedding you could have your guests stand around you and your groom.
    If the park has picnic tables you could also gather a bunch of them in one area and cover the seats with blankets so guests don't get their clothes dirty. If you do the picnic tables you could even set little flower vases on them so they look nice.
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps- If the park has a picnic shelter or gazebo you could have that as a rain plan spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards