Maine

Sash

Hey So I know that this is not the correct board to ask this question but I would rather have your opinions than random people on the fashion board. What do you guys think of sashes? I just got a beautiful lace dress and I am trying to decide weather or not I want to do a sash. At the moment the dress has sleeves but i plan to take them off and incorporate them into a sash like hav e apurple sash and a lace flower. But will that be too busy? I cant decide!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sash

• Favorite picture of the back of my dress...

I am definitely a fan of sashes and color accents on dresses, especially if that color ends up matching the BM dresses.  Putting those unwanted sleeves to use is a great idea too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a pink sash with my dress and I am in love with it. It just adds something extra and really makes the dress unique. I say go for it!
  • Awesome! That is what I wanted to hear. I had a few people tell me that it would make it look too busy because the dress is lace but I think it will match everything together with a sash the color of hthe girls dresses. I would just have ot find the matching color lapis (davids bridal color).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am planning on wearing a sash...they are expensive if you want anything other than a plain ribbon...but I have been investigating making one/other ways to get a cheaper one!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_sash?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:616db068-a1af-4244-adc3-14a3106470e6Post:9421ec29-6877-49f9-92f1-efd1b46114df">Re: Sash</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on wearing a sash...they are expensive if you want anything other than a plain ribbon...but I have been investigating making one/other ways to get a cheaper one!
    Posted by mafyler[/QUOTE]

Do you have a BM that has to have a dress hemmed?  My cousin used excess material from my dress to make a sash since the dress was about a foot longer than my 5ft3in self needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • my color is lapis too! what is your color palette?
  • Lapis is my color as well! Love it!    Nikki- I Think if you do it right, it would look super pretty with your dress!
  • lapis, latte and clover  are my three colors
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was OBSESSED with having a sash for my dress and after looking everywhere in stores and online and not finding what I wanted for less than a hundred bucks, I decided to take matters into my own hands! I went to AC Moore and got a roll of wide satin ribbon and beading thread/needle and then I went to the jewelry making aisle and found some amazing pieces that are meant to be pendants and some tiny sparkly beads and went to town!! For less than $25 I made my own sash and it's georgeous!!! Everyone that's seen it is in love with it and I'm actually not even finished- I'm going to add a lot more beading before it's done. You definitely need some patience to use the invisible thread and tiny beads, but it's really not complicated- if you can sew a button, you can do it!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards