Christian Weddings
Options

QOTW - Week of 4/17/2011 - Flowers

Did you (or will you) do fresh flowers or silk flowers?  DIY or Florist?

What about centerpieces?  Flowers on your cake?

Any pictures to share?

Re: QOTW - Week of 4/17/2011 - Flowers

• Options
    MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a florist and had fresh flowers. I wasn't concerned much with having a ton of flowers because to me it was silly to spend a fortune on something that would die the next day and most people probably wouldn't remember much, so we didn't do anything extraordinary. I used Cala Lillies for the bouquets and boutonnière and hydrangeas and curly willow for the centerpieces. It was simple and beautifull!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These were my inspirations for the bouquets:

I wanted calla lilies, roses, gerbera daisies and hypericum berries.  I originally wanted calla lilies for the bouts but they were expensive and they would have been yellow (which I wasn't crazy about on the beige tuxes) so I went with mini-gerbs.

My bouquet:

The girls' bouquets:

The parents had yellow roses for their corsages and bouts.  We had silk flowers for our centerpieces:

• Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a florist for the fresh flowers which will be the bouquets, bouts and corsages. Also, there will be fresh flowers on one of the cakes.
    The centerpieces will have silk orchids that pretty well match what is in my bouquet. We couldn't seem to find the fresh ones :(

My aunt is finishing the first centerpiece. I will post the pic when I have it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing all the flowers DIY and they will be silk. The bouts will probably just come from hobby lobby or michaels. I have seen a lot of pre-made bouquets I love but I would love to have a lot of daises and hydragas. Since I still have no clue how to put the centerpieces will  be tin buckets in yellow, light green and aqua blue with a bunch of wild flowers from Michaels. The only fresh flowers will be on the cake instead of a cake topperpictures in the post, I don't have any pictures to show.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing mostly white roses.  Centerpieces will be a mixture of white roses, candles in various size jars, and a champagne table runner.  Pix ... I'll have to look for some and post them later.  MIA right now.  July 16, come ON !!!!  

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DIY or Florist? Florist. 
    What about centerpieces?  Since we have a "love story" book kind of theme, we are not having flowers in the centerpieces (there could possibly be one silk gerbera daisy). I have an idea, which I will show pictures of after I make them. 
    Flowers on your cake? Nope! 
    Any pictures to share? Haha no.. But I want Tigerlilies and Gerbera Daisies mostly. The flowers for bouquets will be mostly orange with royal blue and turquoise accents
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Real flowers, both bouquet and on cake.  Using a florist.  I do have pictures, but I saved them in a Word document and I can't figure out how to upload them on here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Fresh flowers, I love them too much! Was going to do DIY but everything will be too crazy that day, so I'm using my reception-venue-vendor's recommendation, a florist at Kroger's. She's making my bouquet, my BM bouquets, and the corsages and boutonnieres

Centerpieces: absolutely, but those we are technically doing without the help of the florist-- she's ordering the baby's breath and we'll put it all in the vases without her. Only sugar flowers on the cake.

Any pictures to share?

Not yet! Though I do have some inspiration in my bio.

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fresh after much thought and price comparison. And we're using a retired florist.

Centerpieces will be minimal. And no flowers on the cake.

Any pictures to share?
    Not yet. I'm excited for when I finally do get some pictures, though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you (or will you) do fresh flowers or silk flowers? Silk (although I'm not sure what they are actually made of...they are just not fresh)
     DIY or Florist? DIY

What about centerpieces?  I haven't decided exactly what those are going to be, but my cousin is giving me their centerpiece vases after their wedding at the end of this month to use. SCORE!

Flowers on your cake? I don't think I'll have flowers on our cake but it could happen. We haven't really discussed this in depth together.

Any pictures to share? Yes!

My bouquet

A close up of a possible boutinere:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing real flowers. my wedding planner suggested a really wonderful florist that she had worked with. 

our centerpieces are going to be loose petals with little candles all over. 

there will probably be some flowers here and there on the cake. 

Since i changed my colors i have to find all new flowers! lol. 

i think i want some stargazer lilies in my bouquet. 

something like this i think:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you (or will you) do fresh flowers or silk flowers?  DIY or Florist?  Silk flowers (cookies for RD) - DIYWhat about centerpieces?  Flowers on your cake? Centerpieces are little candles with a bow with fake petals scattered on the tablecloths - Cake with have icing flowers.  :)Any pictures to share?

RD bouquet:

My wedding bouquet:

BM Bouquets:

From top left to bottom right:
    Corsage, Regular Boutonniere, Best Man Bout, FI Bout, Groomsman Bout

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did real, but there weren't many.  Most of our decor was candles and Christmas trees, wreathes, garland, etc.

My bouquet was purple roses and the girls had some sort of orchid.  I didn't have much opinion on the flowers and our florist was a good family friend so I gave him free reign to do what he wanted.  The guys had purple rose bouts.  We also used ponsettias at the altar and in the wreathes.  Our centerpieces alternated between poinsettias and mini Christmas trees.  The flowers were real, the mini trees were fake.
      We did not have flowers on our cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards