Ohio-Cincinnati

Bride with no help/Dayton

I am not originally from Ohio, and all my family lives in St. Louis, MO. I don't have many friends here at all and I am trying to figure out how to get organized and plan this wedding for June of 2012 by myself. It's hard when ALL of my bridesmaids are in St. Louis and are on budgets like I am. I don't even know where to start as far as finding a decent wedding dress that's not going to cost a thousand dollars. I have a venue lined up thankfully. I still have to find a limo, D.J., and etc....can anyone help?

Re: Bride with no help/Dayton

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding and reception are both going to be in Dayton? I am a Dayton bride, so I will be able to provide you with the vendors that I am using.

DJ - Dan Edwards
    Cake - The Cake Movers
    Flowers - Sherwood Florist
    Photographer - Debbie Leclere (Leclere Photography)
    BM dresses & alterations - Linda's Bridal & Formal

So far, I am very happy with everyone that I have chosen. What venue did you choose for your reception?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Dayton Bride too...I'm actually getting married this Saturday. Here are the vendors I am using...

Ceremony/Reception Site: Golf Club at Yankee Trace
    Photographer: Nixon Photography
    Videographer: Hatfield Productions
    DJ: Party Pleasers
    Flowers: Sherwood Florist
    Cake: Ele
    Day of Consultant: Lindsey Mesa
    Limo: Candlelight Coach Limo

If you want advice more info feel free to email me off list at miniphi at hotmail dot com.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a Dayton(ish) bride. I can give you a few recommendations on who we're using.

Photographer: No 9 Images - Robert Hogan. <---click his name for his website. His rates are outstanding and he's done great work for a few of my friends already. So far all of our dealings with him have been great.

Flowers: Krogers They don't deliver, and they don't really do a lot of their own artistic type of arrangements, but if you take in a pic of what you like, they can duplicate it. Their prices are a lot cheaper than anyone else I've found. Again, some of my friends have used them and had nothing but good things to say. 

Cake: Ele Cake Company I've always loved their cakes, and the prices are reasonable. (click the company name for a link to their website)

DJ: Party Pleasers Several of our friends have used them as well. They've always done a great job, and have been wonderful thus far.  (click the company name for a link to their website)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using:

Cake: The Cakery, but Ele is also really good
    Flowers: Sherwood Florist
    Photographer: Childers
    Caterer: Elite
  • edited December 2011

@ GO bucks OH --Yes both the wedding and reception are both going to be at the same location it's at a place called The Christopher Club which is actually on South Dixie in Kettering  the guy that owns it has been such a pleasure to work with already...

I don't think the picture will show up here but if you google it you can see pictures of the place..Thank you for the suggestions...I'm also probably going to run into issues considering as how ALL my bridemaids are from out of town...I will check out the photographer because everyone so far there prices were completely and utterly crazy for a budget bride like myself.

• edited December 2011
    @ muamanda18 Congrats! That's so exciting I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful. Thank you for all the suggestions and I really hope you don't mind cause I will definitely be emailing you...I may need some additional help if you wouldn't mind..I'm still not sure on a lot of things. And I've never really been a 'flower' girl so I am not sure about which I should choose if any for the wedding...thank God for sites like these and people I can attempt to reach out to.
  • edited December 2011
    @ speciak84 and dmiller thank you for the suggestions..for my cake I actually did go to a testing already at ele and I did love their cakes it was great so I think they are a definite for me....and I keep hearing about party pleasers so I may have to check out there site...
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely feel free to email me. I'm happy to help!
    Anniversary
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your wedding! Cinci bride here.  We're having a budget wedding so here are some of my vendors that may fall within your budget, too.  If you have specific questions, message me.

Photographer: Tracy Doyle Photography
    Videographer: Dan Shallenberger at Poetic Cinema
    Flowers: Susan Foy The Wedding Designer
    Cake: Patricia's Cakes (& possibly Servatii European tortes, too)
    Limo: Limousine Associates
    Dress: Bridal & Formal and European Bridal (I'm a two dress bride due to Vietnamese culture)

I know you'll plan it beautifully despite the challenges.  Come back and ask us anything.  We're here to help.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wendy's Cincinnati Bride is a good place and they have a gift certificate for $100 of their website!

Also they have a collection of bridesmaid dresses for $118. 
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_bride-helpdayton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:40ac9a74-aa79-4080-9ed3-483ba6d74031Post:ec7a2c50-f320-4925-b373-0ec954d2f061">Re: Bride with no help/Dayton</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ GO bucks OH --Yes both the wedding and reception are both going to be at the same location it's at a place called <strong>The Christopher Club</strong> which is actually on South Dixie in Kettering  the guy that owns it has been such a pleasur e to work with already... I don't think the picture will show up here but if you google it you can see pictures of the place..Thank you for the suggestions...I'm also probably going to run into issues considering as how ALL my bridemaids are from out of town...I will check out the photographer because everyone so far there prices were completely and utterly crazy for a budget bride like myself.
    Posted by sweetpajaro[/QUOTE]
    Do they do their own catering? The name sounds really familiar, I'm thinking I tried their food at a bridal show, and it was fantastic.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @dmiller yes they do...do their own catering! I haven't tried the food yet so thanx
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm also a Dayton bride.. wedding next month!!!

Here are the vendors we're using. Please feel free to contact me anytime at jaimi727@gmail.com if you have any questions about anything!! I live in Kettering, so I know exactly where the Christopher Club is! :)

Dress: Altarbound - I absolutely LOVE my dress.. and the alterations are a STEAL and the girl couldnt have done a better job!!!!

Caterer: Bersteins Fine Catering - their food and service are amazing. Steve is the owner and he has been nothing but overly kind ot us and helpful! Not sure if he really thinks my ideas are the best he's ever heard.. but he makes you feel like they are!

flowers: Sherwood florist. This shop is owned by a mom and daughter.. the daughter does the wedding flowers and i love her! she is extremely helpful, patient and has a million great ideas if you are stuck! Also, very reasonable, especially with the delivery fee! that is where prices can sky rocket

hair/makeup - Hausfelds at The Greene. Jada is doing my hair, just had my trial and she got my vision perfectly! (she cuts my hair on a regular basis too)

dj: Elite - not sure how i feel about them tho..

I'm sure there is more missing.. but feel free to let me know if you need help! :) Good luck and congrats!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    PS, our tuxes are thru Herles in Kettering. very inexpensive and they have a huge selection!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!  I'm a Dayton bride also from the St. Louis area and my bridesmaids are all over as well!  I'm getting married in September at Carillon Park.  I got my dress in STL when I was home for xmas.
    Photographer: Bob White (out of Cincy)
    Catering: Elite
    DJ: Tony Herdman
    I'm still working on bridesmaid dresses, florist, and cake (lots to get done this month hopefull!)
    Feel free to message me with any questions.  I totally feel your pain, haha!  Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ catmarie thanx where did you find your dress in st louis? I was thinking about doing the same once I got to meet with the girls to find their dresses..I will definitely be messaging you thank you soo much....@jaimie i will also be emailing you as well lol....It sounds like i need to use who u r using for flowers because I am so clueless in that area....thank you so much to everyone for helping and continuing to do so
  • zozrnzozrn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh man, I feel for you girl! So here are my suggestions:

DJ- PARTY PLEASERS, definitely!
    Limo- A Savannah Night

Good luck!
  • mindydfmindydf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone give me any ideas for a reception venue for under $1000. I am having a hard time finding something we can afford. Thanks!! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_bride-helpdayton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:40ac9a74-aa79-4080-9ed3-483ba6d74031Post:b6d50d05-24a1-452c-b5a6-920c1caa7d9e">Re: Bride with no help/Dayton</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone give me any ideas for a reception venue for under $1000. I am having a hard time finding something we can afford. Thanks!! :)
    Posted by mindydf[/QUOTE]

Is $1K how much you want to spend just on renting the place? Or is that your budget for rental, food, drinks, etc?

How many people are you expecting?
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at White Traditions in Cottleville
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm cottleville I have no idea where that is..but I will be looking it up I am headed to st. louis this monday @catmarie thanx a lot
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get married in Dayton, but I live here!  I would recommend Ele Bakery for cake. Their cakes are always delicious and gorgeous.  A lot of weddings I have been to use Furst Florists and are happy, and have always heard great things about Altar Bound for dresses.

I actually got my dress from a place called Bridal & Tux (original LOL) near Sam's Club on SR 725.  They range from basic to couture and I believe they have an online gallery.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check my work out. You'll love my work and pricing. www.MarksCameraBag.com
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are not allowed to post on the boards. You have been reported.
  • edited December 2011
    there are no vendors here sooooo what am i being reported for exactly gobucks OH?
    edited December 2011
    Chill out sweet, there was a vendor on here yesterday trying to get everyone to check out his photography business. You don't see the posting bc I reported him and the mod deleted it.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a Dayton bride on a budget and here are my finds:

Flowers: Jeff Martin's Florist on Shroyer Rd. 293.8877. He was voted Best of the Knot for the last two years and quoted me a price that was about a THIRD of another popular florist in the area

Photography: Pam Kennard. She has a "budget bridal" package for only $599 that includes rights to all pictures

Tyler Entertainment:  He hosts trivia around the Dayton area so I've been familiar with him for years. He quoted me around $600 for four hours

Cake:  Ele cake company

As someone else mentioned, Bridal and Tux is a good place for dresses. Their website is romanticgowns.com.
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i haven't been on here in a while thank you so much for the suggestions spirited charm I have decided to do the invites myself and I am going to use party pleasers as the dj..haven't decided on the cake yet or a florist...going to get my linen from prime time..
  • DSeymourDSeymour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is August 2011, just started planning, on the tightest budget ever, 70-80 people
    Location: outdoor-dixon family farm, xenia ohio (not far) www.dixonfamilyfarm.com
    Photography: http://jreneecreations.com  oh my goodness, if you are on a budget, but you still want quality photos call her....really!!!
    Cake: haven't totally decided but might go with Cakes for All Occassion
    Dress: Bridal and Tux - Centerville, OH www.romanticgowns.com (they have online, but their store is in Centerville)
    Catering: if you choose a location where you can bring food in: http://www.jeannettescatering.com/ oh my goodness, so reasonable, so much included with her price, food good, she is in Hamilton, OH about 25 minutes away, but she will come to Dayton, no problem...hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards