Canada-Alberta
Options

Affordable Calgary Reception Venues?

Hey all!

I've been trying to find affordable reception venues in Calgary that don't look like a dilapidated community hall (I don't find anything wrong with community halls, but it seems the nicer ones tend to be as expensive as some hotels). While I know that i have a lot of time to plan yet, we want a very specific date and we're trying to book our venues/major vendors as quickly as possible. 

Does anyone know of any nice reception venues for 150 people that aren't going to break the bank (the bank here being $5000-10,000)?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Affordable Calgary Reception Venues?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the holiday inn on Macleod. They are awesome and have really fit into my budget. The rental is $500 and includes tons of stuff, and there plates for a buffett dinner start at 29.95/person! I also heard that the Delta Hotel is not too bad either. I can send you the link to the Holiday Inn if you would like :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a Shriner's Centre just outside Calgary (in Airdrie I think) and it is very economical, and has a beautiful outdoor wedding site by a river.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at The Winter Club and it's super affordable and we didn't have to be members!!

Check it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Westgate Community Hall. We wanted some place cheap, but not crappy looking. This one fit the bill. It has a built in bar and holds up to 150 people.
    It's not grungy looking or anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards