April 2013 Weddings
Options

Anyone worried about RSVP count not matching?

I'm so freaked out about the RSVP count not matching the actual turn out!  I keep imagining a ton of people that said yes end up not coming and we end up being out over $30 per person.  Or, people end up bringing people that weren't on the RSVP and there isn't anywhere for them to sit.  Ahh!
Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg

Re: Anyone worried about RSVP count not matching?

• Options
    I wouldn't worry... at least not about people bring people. If they bring someone they did not RSVP for, or who was not invited, they are very in the wrong. It is their own fault that person would have no place to sit- not yours, so don't even worry about. Really- they would just need to be told to leave if they tried to take someone's spot who was expected.

As for people not showing up- that may happen. :( I hear it does a lot. But you can't plan for it, so I wouldn't worry about that either- just enjoy your day, and be irked later! :p

Also- I said this in another post but it probably got burried- will you know your baby's gender by your wedding? If you do, you should totally do a gender reveal cake in your wedding cake- like have one tier dyed pink or blue, I've seen videos of that on youtube and it's so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I am very worried about this.  We will not have any extra tables or chairs for anyone that has not RSVPd (well, maybe like 2 or 4, but that's it!).  I am sure a couple people that said yes will not show up, that sucks because you pay per person, but I would rather have that than unexpected guests. UGH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We're a little worried about one couple--since the wife is due the week of our wedding. The husband talked to me about it first, so I know that if she goes into labor early, they won't be attending. I said I completely understand, and please be sure to give us a call if that happens. I know some of the ladies over on the etiquette board might have a coronary were they to hear this, but we can always extend a last minute invitation. Of course, it would have to be a couple that wouldn't be offended by such a thing, but most of our friends aren't so uptight that they'd find themselves offended by being included.

I figure if folks don't show up when they've RSVP'd yes, it's really no great loss. Things happen. Loved ones pass away unexpectedly, cars break down. So a couple of plates get paid for and never served--no big deal. If that's the biggest disaster that happens on our wedding day, I'll consider myself lucky!

I'm not so worried about going over. If someone is enough of a numbskull to bring an univited guest, then the guest will have to stand and/or go hungry--their guest, their problem.
  • Options
    I'm cross stitching all the table cards for the guests (I'll have to post a picture of them to show you ladies), so I think I would feel awful if someone brought a guest without telling me. Then they wouldn't have their own and it's such a personal thing for me. If people don't show up, oh well. More food for those who want seconds.
  • Options
    I am not too worried about this, we invited every person with a guest just so we didn't have to worry too much about people bringing anyone or anything like that. Our venue is large enough that if we need an extra table thrown together they can make it happen.
  • Options
    I'm not too worried about this because our RSVP cards had a line that said:

We have reserved __ seats in your honor

Which I filled in.  So far, everyone's played fairly.  I did have one guest pull a switch-a-roo but at least I know about it and it's not a surprise.  The caterers are going to make food for about 10 extra people just in case we have a last minute surprise or in case someone wants more food.  If we do have extra people show up, we're having dinner outside under a tent and we can always pull some chairs from inside the house if there's extra table space or just seat the surprise guests inside the house.

I'm more concerned about extra people showing up over no shows.  By the day of the wedding, if we have a few empty seats I don't think I'll be too upset (at least I'd like to think that hehe).
  • Options
    We won't know the baby's gender until about two weeks after. That would be super cute tho!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Options
    Our venue will give us the extra meals to go if people don't show up. We're leaving for our honeymoon the following afternoon so I'd just give them to our friends who live in the area, at least the money won't go to waste. Everyone knows our wedding is super small so no one has tried to add any guests on yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way.   
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cncoombscncoombs member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I figure at the end of the day, worrying is just causing more stress and anxiety...so try and relax, I'm sure it will end up being ok...unless there are specific people you are expecting this from and then maybe have a conversation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    my wedding planner advised me to fudge the numbers by 5%, because venues prepare 10% more than the number you give them, and they're not going to walk around and take a headcount. That would maybe account for some of the no-shows you're worried about!
  • Options
    I am definitely worried. People just don't take RSVPing seriously enough.  They think, eh....maybe I will just show up.  Not cool people..not cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards