Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

SA Wednesday

Yay, we're halfway through the week! This one is really dragging for me.

I've had to take FI to work this week because he sprained his ankle really bad and it's hard for him to drive. He has requested that I take him to QT every morning to get a muffin. So, this morning, I called him out on the fact that he could just make one stop at the beginning of the week and stock up on muffins. Then he would only have to make one trip instead of 5 (given, this is only on weeks where we are low on groceries, but still!) His response was honestly, "Well, I never really thought about it but I would look pretty weird carrying 5 muffins up to my office." Seriously? Boys are strange.
Anniversary

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    My FI is the exact same way. Men are just wired differently.

Tonight we're going to see my college roommate's baby, and I'm taking them a Mexican Casserole. I'm totally cheating on my diet, but I've been working out a LOT and whatever. :)
  • Options
    My FMIL suggested we go to El Paso for our honeymoon. I had no words for FI. cwaggoner - it's always good to cheat a little especially with any type of Mexican food! Yummy!!
  • Options
    You can cheat on the diet once in a while and it won't hurt too much. I usually have a cheat meal once or twice a week.
    I'm hoping the rest of the week goes fast too. I'm ready for a 3 day weekend and spending that time at the lake soaking up some sun. I'm also going to take the weekend off anything wedding related. I have a whole year and alot done so I need to get my mind off the wedding. Sometimes I wish I wasn't one of those people who are full steam ahead all the time. I need to chill out....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not really trying to lose weight, just tone up (which may actually end up adding weight, but that's ok).
    My typical method of operation year-round is to run ALL the time but eat whatever I want. Now I'm just continuing to run, adding weights, and trying not to eat so many cupcakes.
    Speaking of cupcakes, Blue Bell just came out with a Red Velvet flavor. F.
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:128e7c68-ffe5-4135-91f0-61ae2a4149d7">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FMIL suggested we go to El Paso for our honeymoon. I had no words for FI. cwaggoner - it's always good to cheat a little especially with any type of Mexican food! Yummy!!
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

Bahaha. My FI is from El Paso and we go every year. Needless to say, I wouldn't reccomend it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would only go for the Mexican food. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:a0d86c98-eeeb-4440-b705-217f275ad2aa">SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, we're halfway through the week! <strong>This one is really dragging for me.
    </strong>Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]

This. 

One of my coworkers brought me some more boxes -- I'm REALLY hoping I have enough!  I'm trying my hardest to be completely done by tomorrow night.  I wish I had some time to take off, but even if I had days, I couldn't afford to be gone during exam reviews.
    Anniversary

• Options
    ejheart- yea lol she's not from Texas so I'm hoping she got it confused with San Antonio
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:26b14fb6-0254-495f-8046-2618c6c9c236">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would only go for the Mexican food. :)
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

TRUE. The mexican food is amazing there! I'm pretty sure that I always come back 10 pounds heavier. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh good, I think my gradebook just crashed.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Amanda - Is your gradebook sponsored by TK?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:5effad73-1685-41ac-a808-dc7d6dc80b9d">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh good, I think my gradebook just crashed.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Well that can't be good. Yikes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:be518536-6884-49e0-9c0c-9e23b806c55b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda - Is your gradebook sponsored by TK?

<div>LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm trying to make a bunch of lists of stuff I need to do and pack up today.  Heading out to get my ring cleaned and dipped, then we're having a birthday dinner for myself and my SIL tonight as they will be getting in from Missouri.  FI tells me he doesn't think he can go because he might be having dinner with his parents -- he guessed I didn't get that e-mail.  That's right, his parents invited him to dinner but not me. </div><div>
    </div><div>I am so tired of trying to be nice and getting stepped on constantly.  FI needs to nut up and say something but I don't think that's ever going to happen.</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:be518536-6884-49e0-9c0c-9e23b806c55b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda - Is your gradebook sponsored by TK?

HAHAHA.  Awesome.

Amy, that sucks.  =(  Have a baby.  That'll win 'em over.  Worked on my grandparents with my cousin, we're hoping it'll work for us!
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:f8f9bd77-4e07-4616-922f-517e542217b9">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : HAHAHA.  Awesome. Amy, that sucks.  =(  Have a baby.  That'll win 'em over.  Worked on my grandparents with my cousin, we're hoping it'll work for us!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha, right?  Makes it allllll better ;-)

</div>
  • Options
    Amy that's awful! And during your wedding week, too!
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    I had the WEIRDEST WR dream last night...

It was like we were having some kind of practice wedding, only it was basicially an actual wedding, with a GIANT bouquet of flowers my mom kept trying to hand me (please note, my mother is so chill, I can't imagine her EVER actually trying to shove a giant bouquet on me), and I got put in this dress that was just awful that my mother picked out (again, not her at all...), and I kept getting so mad like "this isn't my dress!" or "why don't I have a photographer here!?" until I remembered that this was only the practice wedding and the real one was still a year away, but for some reason there were a bunch of people there, and then some random guys who weren't invited started walking in and crashing. WTF is wrong with my brain?

Also, I miss my FI way too much right now...he's home tomorrow!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:fd0cbb98-8f09-4437-be42-95f963dc32ea">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy that's awful! And during your wedding week, too!

<div>I'm trying to get used to it and I'm trying to learn that I don't have be hurt every time they pull this crap.  It's just not as easy as I'd like for it to be.  Ever since he left for treatment a few months ago, they have essentially stonewalled me because "I FORCED him to go," (right... and how did I do that?) and "I made him pay for it," (I paid for all of it).  Ever since then, I'm not invited out with them, his mom only e-mails me if FI doesn't answer her e-mails or she absolutely has to ask me a question, etc.  Basically, it feels like they have disowned me.  I'm just waiting for them to make a toast at the RD and say something to the effect of, "If FI is happy, we're happy."</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:c56aa3c3-c644-4cb4-98d3-aa431d006432">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : LOL I'm trying to make a bunch of lists of stuff I need to do and pack up today.  Heading out to get my ring cleaned and dipped, then we're having a birthday dinner for myself and my SIL tonight as they will be getting in from Missouri.  FI tells me he doesn't think he can go because he might be having dinner with his parents -- he guessed I didn't get that e-mail.  That's right, his parents invited him to dinner but not me.  I am so tired of trying to be nice and getting stepped on constantly.  FI needs to nut up and say something but I don't think that's ever going to happen.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Amy that is so not cool of them. Don't let it get to you and enjoy your birthday dinner. I feel your pain my ex-inlaws really sucked. I'm so greatfult that my FMIL is so awesome.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:943e3f1a-9e25-454c-b4cb-74242c7a19c2">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Amy that is so not cool of them. Don't let it get to you and enjoy your birthday dinner. I feel your pain my ex-inlaws really sucked. I'm so greatfult that my FMIL is so awesome.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm going to enjoy my dinner!  I am glad I found out about this yesterday so I could be upset about it then and not spend all of my day today thinking about it.  See, FMIL and FFIL  used to be awesome -- we had a fantastic relationship.  And then all of sudden, here we are.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:255df8e9-101d-428d-b73e-a9b59ed6dcfb">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I'm going to enjoy my dinner!  I am glad I found out about this yesterday so I could be upset about it then and not spend all of my day today thinking about it.  <strong>See, FMIL and FFIL  used to be awesome -- we had a fantastic relationship.  And then all of sudden, here we are.
    </strong>Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

It'll get better! My dad's mom was no fan of my mom and they ended up being closer than ever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9c121231-173d-4142-bd08-157a9cca3c15Post:5891e456-534c-4d85-89a3-1904916cce61">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I'm not really trying to lose weight, just tone up (which may actually end up adding weight, but that's ok). My typical method of operation year-round is to run ALL the time but eat whatever I want. Now I'm just continuing to run, adding weights, and trying not to eat so many cupcakes. Speaking of cupcakes, <strong>Blue Bell just came out with a Red Velvet flavor</strong>. F.

MY BF and I have "dessert Sundays" as our only sweet of the week.. This was this weeks delight... don't try it.. you will start to dream about it and it will consume you.

That being said Sugar Box opened at the Shops of Legacy.. they have a peanut butter chocolate chip cupcake.... how do you say no to a Cupcake and Wine Bar?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards