Massachusetts-Boston

Questions for Danversport Yachtclub Brides!

Hey everyone, first time poster here. Just got engaged a couple weeks ago and I am already looking for a venue!
I stumbled upon Danversport Yachtclub and from the sounds of it/the pictures it looks amazing. Could anyone give me insight into what they consider offseason and what the rates would be? I will probably be in the lighthouse room.
Also, how do the ceremonies work? Is there a place inside if it is bad weather?
What was it like working with them?
How was the food and cake?
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Questions for Danversport Yachtclub Brides!

• gentel.smithgentel.smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I looked at Danversport when I first got engaged, but they bookup FAST, especially for Saturday weddings. 

I ended up not going with them for a few reasons. First of all, they are a wedding factory. They have three rooms, and they can do two functions a day per room, so on any given day, you're looking at 6 weddings in one place. For me, I wanted a place that was mine, 100% for the day. However, the lighthouse room is gorgeous, but it's small--I think it holds between 80 people for a sit down dinner and 120 for a cocktail reception. Prices I believe are $8000- $25000 depending on the room you pick and the day and time of year.

I ended up choosing the Salem Waterfront Hotel, because I felt it was a little more unique and fit what I was looking for better. I did a ton of research on other NS venues, so if you want some help let me know! I can message you all the info I have :) 

Good luck! 

Photobucket
  • katyb213katyb213 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I would love that. I appreciate all your help. I'd love to hear more about other NS venues and the salem waterfront hotel.
    Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was a guest at a bridal shower at Danversport two weekends ago. It was held on the patio under a tent with a view of the harbor. It was lovely, the service was fantastic and the food was good- not amazing, but not bad. The bride and her family were very happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gentel.smithgentel.smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katyb213, you have a PM! 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there April 14 in the Ball Room. It is considered off season so there is only 1 wedding in that room that day. I was told every room has to option to have ceremony inside or out. They have a minimum spend but off season is less than in season. If you email them they are good about getting back to you with info and not feeling like you need to commit to anything. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards