Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

potatos everywhere!

ive posted before about menus ideas and think im pretty much decided....
pulled pork for sandwiches
baked beans
mac n cheese
cole slaw
salad or veggie tray

the problem is several ppl including my FI and mom have mentioned potato salad (gag..same for the slaw ) but i really dont like it...i would much rather have mashed, baked, roasted, grilled...anything but potato salad...would it be too much if i had both potato salad and some other potato? or since im having slaw could i weasle out of the potato salad??? thanks!!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: potatos everywhere!

• edited December 2011
    I don't like mayonnaise, so I'm with you on the cole slaw and potato salad opinions and I don't see a problem with having some other kind of potato instead of potato salad.  However, if your FI loves potato salad and wants to have it, I would have it.  It's his wedding, too.  I don't think it would be too much to have potato salad and a non-icky potato dish.

• edited December 2011
    I love patatoe salad. My moms that is. My family is very particular about patatoe salad. Because there are 99 different ways to make it, people usually have 2 maybe 3 people who they will eat patatoe salad from.  So if your guests are like my family they might not even eat it. 

But with that said, if your FI wants it have a small dish for him everyone else gets slaw...

• edited December 2011
    I would touch potato salad or cole slaw with a 10foot pole so I'm with you. But as PP mentioned if your FI really wants it let him have it, and then just have another option that you like as well.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_potatos-everywhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:873e5ed4-9c63-44aa-bb55-b7cbcfaf6690Post:58abef99-7572-4309-8c85-f6377d32f043">Re: potatos everywhere!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love patatoe salad. My moms that is. My family is very particular about patatoe salad. Because there are 99 different ways to make it, people usually have 2 maybe 3 people who they will eat patatoe salad from.  So if your guests are like my family they might not even eat it.  <strong>But with that said, if your FI wants it have a small dish for him everyone else gets slaw...</strong>
    Posted by TammaraFlake[/QUOTE]

I definitely wouldn't serve something to certain people without having it available for everyone.

OP, if he really wants it, you don't have to eat it. I think you could have 2 kinds of potato salad or slaw and roasted potatoes.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • melissak1qmelissak1q member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it'd be fun to have baked potatoes with bowls of toppings to dress them with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo I love the mighty potato! I am originally from Central New York and we have a regional dish called salt potatoes that would go really well with your menu. Pretty much it is just small new potatoes boiled in very salty water (almost like a brine) - the skin gets a little crispy from the salt and the inside is so soft and falls apart. yummmmm! It's the kind of dish that we have at every summer cookout and at chicken bbq's in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards