Canada-Ontario

Registries

Hi ladies!

Just wondering if anyone knew about any wedding registries other then The Bay and Sears? 
TIA!!

Re: Registries

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Home Outfitters and any other HBC (Zellers), Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, William Sonoma, Wal-mart, Canadian Tire, I think Sporting Life, etc. - most big box stores have some sort of registry program.  

Just a note that Pottery Barn and WIlliam Sonoma you have to buy in store or by phone - you can't go through the online process yet - only if you live in the states.
  • mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there is a way that you can do a registry for your honeymoon...but I have no idea how to set that up. Check with a travel agency and they should be able to help you on that.

It's a newer thing, but pretty cool actually!
    *Melissa*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have a honeymoon registry - my travel agent showed me a link to her site - I'm using honeymoonwishes.com I believe its called - you can see the link on my bio.  It's really easy to set up as well!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at William Ashley and Kitchen Stuff Plus. William Ashley was great - surprisingly good prices, and amazing service. Kitchen Stuff Plus doesn't have the best established registry service yet, but considering their prices, it was worth it to us just to get the completion bonus afterwards.

I don't think Canadian Tire does registries anymore, and Crate & Barrel, while they have great stuff, only has the one store at Yorkdale, so it could potentially be inconvenient for your guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes - Crate & Barrel is great, but better for someone who lives in the states or who has a lot of guests from the States.  We didn't choose it simply because of that 1 store fact.  Pottery Barn and WS are similar to that - although there are more, they aren't a staple close to everyone.
  • prostarr19prostarr19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath and Beyond. It's fantastic and you can add things both online and in the store.
  • edited December 2011
    Canadian Tire cancelled their registry service in 2008.

Registering for a honeymoon?  I wouldn't do that, to be honest. 
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was right for us - we already live together and have most of the stuff we need.  Most people will probably give us money, but a lot of people seem to like the idea of helping us have a good time during our time together.  It's a lot more common than you think!
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at Williams-Sonoma and at the Bay. We are also going to register at William Ashley for our china set. It is so much fun with the little scanner gun thingy! 

Here's some advice from experience though: sit down and discuss what you are going to register for before you go for your appointment. It will help you save time and avoid going back and forth and being indecisive. Take a walk around each of the stores and make sure you price/brand/selection compare so you guys can decide what you're going to buy and where. We're still not completely registered, but it's an ongoing process. We are a bit behind in the whole planning thing, but I think I should get an "A" for effort! (And my MOH is so great for helping out!)

There was a post on here a while back (or maybe it was on the general canada board, I don't remember) about a bunch of people having issues with registering at the bay. We haven't had any problems as of yet, but we are crossing our fingers because a lot of other knotties seemed to have problems with the bay near the end of their registry dealings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards