Snarky Brides

This is what IF looks like.

I know I have talked before about my medications and stuff, but just figured I would show how much is actually involved, lol.  I just picked up my meds today and this is what it all looks like laid out.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: This is what IF looks like.

• Wow Blue, I had no idea.

• Holy crap woman! I think you actually have more stuff than H does with his diabetes meds!

Please tell me your insurance helps cover some of that.
  • That's intense.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:2d1b1e6a-b9e3-494a-ae0f-c492e9fe0967">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap woman! I think you actually have more stuff than H does with his diabetes meds! <strong><u>Please tell me your insurance helps cover some of that</u></strong>.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Yes, im very lucky.  I only had to pay $150 for all of that.  I have incredible insurance.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whoa Blue, that is insane! How long will all of that shown there last you? Like is that a one month supply, or does it not work that way?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:b83413c2-5735-47be-a1df-2a35e50633f9">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoa Blue, that is insane! How long will all of that shown there last you? Like is that a one month supply, or does it not work that way?
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

That is for 10-12 days of shots.  I am up to 3 shots a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LiLe422LiLe422 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Holy shiitt Blue thats crazy.  When do you start?
    ETA: Nevermind, just saw your post you already started.  I dont really know too much about IF.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Blue, you are one strong lady. I think after all you have been though If I were you, I would have a meltdown just looking at all that stuff! Good Luck to you! T & P!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:52763f6f-f32d-494a-9921-c14551d46f6c">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy shiitt Blue thats crazy.  When do you start?
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

I had my suppression check today (bloodwork and an u/s).  I had some scar tissue removed on Wed so I dont know if they will let me start soon or not, but if all looked good today then I may be able to start this week.  Just waiting for the call.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Damnnnnn, I knew there was a lot of stuff involved, but that looks intense! That's great your insurance covers so much of the cost. I don't think this is typically covered by most insurances. I have family members who went this route to conceive and they shelled out all the money out of pocket. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Blue, I have to give you so much credit.  I have a hard enough time taking vitamins (they REALLY upset my stomach if I dont take them on a full stomach) and cannot imagine all of that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:3c67aaf9-7d21-4d63-a397-093273ef502d">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : I had my suppression check today (bloodwork and an u/s).  I had some scar tissue removed on Wed so I dont know if they will let me start soon or not, but if all looked good today then I may be able to start this week.  Just waiting for the call.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    So the 3x a day shot is not the IF?  Im sorry if the question is ignorant I am just clueless to all this stuff.  Regardless, T & P coming your way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:c0900541-1a75-4aa2-9e80-df73552c45da">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damnnnnn, I knew there was a lot of stuff involved, but that looks intense! That's great your insurance covers so much of the cost. I don't think IF typically covered by most insurances. I have family members who went this route to conceive and they shelled out all the money out of pocket. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

I live in a state where IF coverage is mandatory to some extent.  And my insurance covers a lot.  They will cover 6 IVF's.  I just pay a $25 co-pay for most office visits.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:62717a64-15c8-419c-9260-1df74e9d4468">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : So the 3x a day shot is not the IF?  Im sorry if the question is ignorant I am just clueless to all this stuff.  Regardless, T & P coming your way.
    Posted by LiLe422[/QUOTE]

Um, Im not sure what you mean?  IF= infertility.  The shots are for my IVF cycle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, that is a lot of stuff.  Lots of thoughts coming your way, and hoping for great results!
  • I had no idea. We're all hoping things go well this time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Blue- do you do your own shots or does your H do them for you?  One of my best friends had her H doing it for her and one night he wasn't there and she had to do it.  It took me 20 minutes willing her to do it on the phone before she could (she said hers were very painful). 
  • I do my own Brandi.  No way Im letting him try it, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You are one brave lady, that is for sure. 
  • Ill share another, lol.  This is what your stomach looks like halfway through the cycle.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is the bruise from injections? I could imagine three shots a day in the same area would definitely do that. I don't much about the process, but I've heard that it makes you really emotional because of the change in hormones and causes weight fluctuations. All that combined with having to take so many shots a day with no guarantee would scare me. You are seriously brave. I really hope everything works out for you.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh Blue, as other posters have said, you are one strong lady. 

Your picture reminded me of what my belly looked like the two times I got a blood clot in my legs, 10 days of twice daily shots in the belly.  Not fun!
  • That does not look fun. I won't complain about my 4 supplements a day anymore.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:9bcc66f2-7d3a-48dd-91aa-49816cce8b53">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : Um, Im not sure what you mean?  IF= infertility.  The shots are for my IVF cycle.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Oops, I meant IVF not IF.  See what I mean about clueless. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jesus blue. that is a ton. Praying for good results. You are incredibly strong and resilient!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Holy crap Blue.  I wish nobody had to go through this but I'm glad you have options available to you. 
  • Blue - every time I see pictures of the "med box" for IVF I am awed again.  Best wishes to you this go round.  You'll be in my prayers over the next month and more as you go through this cycle.  I hope you have a successful outcome and I want nothing but the best for you.

And Kudos to you for being an advocate and putting this out there to educate people.  

I THINK there's only 3 states that have some kind of mandatory infertility coverage laws.  For those without coverage going through an IVF cycle can cost $10,000-$15,000+ depending on which drug protocol your doctor has you using, and how long you are on medications for.  My husband's company has a $5,000 lifetime max on infertility coverage which is still awesome compared to what most people have available to them, but if we'd had to go the route of in-vitro our insurance wouldn't have come close to covering it.
  • Blue, I really admire your strength and courage, not only for what you are experiencing but also for sharing your story.  I wish you all the best in this next cycle and pray for a happy result!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:29592706-8d78-4b17-9ba0-6f2a4fb79058">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue - every time I see pictures of the "med box" for IVF I am awed again.  Best wishes to you this go round.  You'll be in my prayers over the next month and more as you go through this cycle.  I hope you have a successful outcome and I want nothing but the best for you. And Kudos to you for being an advocate and putting this out there to educate people.   I THINK there's only 3 states that have some kind of mandatory infertility coverage laws.  For those without coverage going through an IVF cycle can cost $10,000-$15,000+ depending on which drug protocol your doctor has you using, and how long you are on medications for.  My husband's company has a $5,000 lifetime max on infertility coverage which is still awesome compared to what most people have available to them, but if we'd had to go the route of in-vitro our insurance wouldn't have come close to covering it.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Its actually 15 states Loop, but still not enough in my eyes.  If you cover Viagara and other penis stuff, then you should be covering this.

My clinic is actually pretty awesome.  If for some reason your insurance here wont cover the IVF, if you dont get a live baby, they refund you 75% of your cost.

They also are not one of those clinics that only cares about success rates so they shove too many embryos up there and give everyone twins and triplets.  My clinic has the highest SET (single embryo transfer) success rate in New England.  They really encourage transfer of just 1 embryo for most patients.  Because of my miscarriage history with IUI's, we opted to transfer 2 to be safe with my last IVF and will chose to transfer 2 again this time because, well, I just cant stay pregnant, lol.  There would have to be extreme circumstances for them to transfer more than that.  Egg quality issues, age (over 40), and other factors come into play then.  Since my embryos were very good quality, 2 was the max.  My dr says he is "not in the business of trying to get more than 1 healthy baby".

Dont forget, Kate plus 8 didnt do IVF, lol.  She did IUI and was not monitored and therefore triggered with way too many follicles.  Its rare to see more than twins from IVF.  Although 1 girl on TB did only transfer 1 embryo and is having identical triplets, ha!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards