Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Average Honeymoon Cost?

We're just starting to look into Honeymoons and are trying to get a measure of about how much they cost.  We'd ideally like to go somewhere in the Caribbean, but if Mexico is much cheaper, that's an option too.  I've heard all-inclusive is the way to go.  Any thoughts on this?  Any hints or tips would be much appreciated!

Re: Average Honeymoon Cost?

• Options
    There are a lot of deciding factors of cost.

- How long are you staying
    - Quality of hotel
    - Where are you flying from
    - When you're flying

I like AI's for the convenience, but they aren't for everyone. It's personal preference.

We went to Mexico the 1st week of January and stayed for a week at a 5-star AI resort in Riviera Maya. It was considered a peak flight season and it was an adults only resort, so those two things drove up the cost a bit. We paid $3,000 including flights, transfers and 2 excursions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The prices between Mexico and the Carribean aren't too different.  Depending on what you want though it can range anywhere from $1500 to over $10000.  We're paying around $7000 for a top notch resort with a very upgraded room in Mexico.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Michelle:

Where did you stay? That sounds like a good deal and we are looking for our hm spot... =)
  • Options
    My review is a few posts below this one.

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hey there...:-) 

We are marrying/HM in April...  

The resort we booked in St Lucia is approx $450/per night (for one of their upgraded villas along a mountainside). This is NOT a Sandals. 

A few more posh establishments on the island were approx $600-800 per night, but these are just way out of our price range. 

We are also flying to Puerto Rico after St Lucia (since that's a port leaving St Lucia anyway) and we are staying in a boutique hotel in Olde San Juan for approx $300/per night. 

Airfare to St Lucia was more than I thought since we have to fly from Texas ($800 per person). Since we are getting married there & have family flying down from Philly/NY their tickets were only $400 per person from the east coast. 

The hotels have date charts where you can see when their best prices are. Those posh hotels that are over $600, their price can drop up to $200 if you go just a few months later (or sooner). Most Carribean prices drop during the summer & fall months. 

This was alot of info, but hope it helps. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards