California-Los Angeles

Name Change question???

So FI wants to book our honeymoon... We get married at the end of Sept and we plan to go on a honeymoon Dec 25. 

I decided to completely take on his last name. So my question is 3 months enough time to do that?Undecided Should I be booking everything with my maiden name or new last name?

There is no changing after you book!

Re: Name Change question???

• edited December 2011

If it were me I would book everything with my maiden name and then wait until I was back from the vacation to change my name.  But then again everything always goes wrong for me so it would be my luck that I wouldn't receive anything in time.  HTH and once you book let us know all the details!!

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I changed my name right after the wedding (very stupid of me because we went on our honeymoon a week later!) and it took me about a month to get my new DL and SS card.  I think that you'll be just fine if you do it right away.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit of a procrastinator, I still have not made any changes...well I guess my excuse is that I didnt have my marriage certificate untill just a week ago. So I guess it depends...if you think you WILL do it right away then you'll probably do it on time. Otherwise I suggest you wait until you come back for your HM.
  • edited December 2011
    Got it ladies, thanks!

I promised myself I would take care of it right away.  I'm a procrastinator as wel heheheWink
  • edited December 2011
    Book whatever name is on your passport if you're going out of the country, 'cause I've now been married a month and  a half and it's still not done!
  • edited December 2011
    I am definitely waiting until I get back from the honeymoon to change my name so there's no confusion and headache. My last name may still be xyz on my plane ticket, but we both know the real deal. Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • edited December 2011
    Do you need a new passport? If so, no. If not, I think you'll be okay.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would wait until I got back - just to be on the safe side. 
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I need a passport.
  • edited December 2011
    Then I would definitely wait. Some people don't even get the official copy of their marriage certificate for several weeks, and passports can take 2 months.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    It took forever for our marriage license to be validated, so it took 6 months for me to change my name.  I vote for keeping your maiden name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, if you need a passport then wait to change your name until after the honeymoon.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards