New Jersey

What's the average cost of a photo booth?

Hi all -

About to book a photo booth for my wedding in July 2012...booking through my DJ, which I thought was much more convenient than an outside vendor.

4 Hours, customized monogram on the photos, one booth attendant (who will mount all the pictures onto an album for us). Quote for thie night was $1,200. Is that high?

Input is appreciated!

Re: What's the average cost of a photo booth?

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ charges $1000 for the photobooth and all you're getting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ive seen that package as low as $800. Usually it runs on average around $1000. This depends on the booth though! The legit photo booths that look like the boardwalk onrs, always cost a little more.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think ours wound up costing us $800 or so after a discount (also through our DJ)... 5 hours, attendant, and the book to sign w. all the pics.  It sounds about right.  See if they will knock it to $1k.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    From what I have been quoted $1,000 seems to be the normal range. 
  • edited December 2011

I am not sure if you went to the showcase at Il Tulipano but the photobook the person that had the photobook there charged $800 all of that. Fi and I took pics and they were really good quality. I can't remember if the package was for 4 or 5 hours.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing one, but based on other posts in earlier threads, the average seems to be about $1k for people who are in the business of specifically this.  As an add-on service for a DJ or your regular photographer, I'd think you could get it for less.
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-average-cost-of-photo-booth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:15cd5cf4-29a7-4745-8c45-c201fc120348Post:5e0abb5e-8a8d-4fb0-a980-0e1199216a0b">Re: What's the average cost of a photo booth?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not doing one, but based on other posts in earlier threads, the average seems to be about $1k for people who are in the business of specifically this.  <strong>As an add-on service for a DJ or your regular photographer, I'd think you could get it for les</strong>s.
    Posted by GolfChick78[/QUOTE]

<div>I got my DJ and photobooth for under 2000~ Sounds to Go</div>
  • edited December 2011
    check out custom incredibles.  I saw them in action, pretty neat and more interactive than a photobooth.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • edited December 2011
    just booked my photo booth (though our DJ) we are paying $800+ tax but defiently $800-$1,000 sounds about correct :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I paid $950 for 5 hours and double prints from Memory Lane Photobooths.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-average-cost-of-photo-booth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:15cd5cf4-29a7-4745-8c45-c201fc120348Post:ccf9a5ba-9b62-46ef-884e-f7da0cfcdb6e">Re: What's the average cost of a photo booth?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure if you went to the showcase at Il Tulipano but the photobook the person that had the photobook there charged $800 all of that. Fi and I took pics and they were really good quality. I can't remember if the package was for 4 or 5 hours.
    Posted by CaramelBride973[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't go into the photo booth but I saw it. I can get 5 hours if I want for the same price, but the one I am getting is one of those arcade style photo booths. Actually after going to Il Tulipano, that's what convinced me to get one. I originally wasn't going to, but FI and I thoght it would be nice.

We're going to stick to 4 hours because cocktail hour is downstairs, and unless it rains, no one is going to go upstairs until dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-average-cost-of-photo-booth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:15cd5cf4-29a7-4745-8c45-c201fc120348Post:58f67566-7271-46bd-83a2-24cc3ad9e4d4">Re: What's the average cost of a photo booth?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ive seen that package as low as $800. Usually it runs on average around $1000. This depends on the booth though! The legit photo booths that look like the boardwalk onrs, always cost a little more.
    Posted by TripleJTobe[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am getting one of these. Now I see why it's a litlte more...and it was more expensive. The cost was actually going to be $1,500 for the night, but because we already had a signed contract, he knocked $300 off the price for us.
  • DianaF312DianaF312 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-average-cost-of-photo-booth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:15cd5cf4-29a7-4745-8c45-c201fc120348Post:ccf9a5ba-9b62-46ef-884e-f7da0cfcdb6e">Re: What's the average cost of a photo booth?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure if you went to the showcase at Il Tulipano but the photobook the person that had the photobook there charged $800 all of that. Fi and I took pics and they were really good quality. I can't remember if the package was for 4 or 5 hours.
    Posted by CaramelBride973[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey, do you know which company it was? </div>
  • angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Royal Photo Booth and speak with Laura. Her package starts lower than $1000 but with the add ons it can get higher. She's nice and great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    I just found a deal for $449 for 2 hours. It is less than $750 for 4 hours if you add on the extra time and the company is really good... they actually did my cousin's wedding and I just booked them for my own. http://www.Flanaganproductions.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards