DC

Dress shop reqs.

Could you post your suggestion on where to shop for a wedding dress.  I am 6 months out and still have not found the one yet.  I desperately need some suggestions on where to go in the DC area.

White swan bridal in Vienna looks good but I don't know of any others.
Thanks for you help!

Re: Dress shop reqs.

• edited December 2011
    White swan is where I got mine and I loved my experience.  They have a huge selection of dresses!
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome, great to know.  I have been shopping atleast 8 times and the shops never have the dresses i want to try on.  It gets frustrating.
    Thanks!

have you heard anything about any other places? good or bad?
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Priscilla of Boston.  THey have several different lines from simple to very fancy with a lot of embellishments. 
  • calattcalatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a few different places - White Swan, Blush Bridal, Distinctive Designs, Leesburg Bridal, Maria's Bridal and Terri Lynn Bridal.  They all had great selections and different designers (some overlap on designers of course).  I ended up ordering my dress from Terri Lynn Bridals in Bethesda.  I haven't received the dress yet but I LOVED the personal attention that Terri provided and the style of dresses that she had!  GL in your search!
  • edited December 2011
    I Do I Do Bridal in Gaithersburg was great for me - some dresses are to order, others are factory consignment. I found one that was not only perfect, but right in the middle of my price range.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Blush Bridal. They were awesome to work with and I love my Justin Alexander Couture!
  • edited December 2011
    i got mine at Ellies BRidal in old town alexandria. I loved my experience there with marie- shes great and they have a lot of diff designs !

my g/f got her dress at a store in manassas and it was gorgeous. she loved her experience also and kept telling em to go tehre!! best of luck
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also Hitched in Georgetown is good high end but good.  Beware several people have had horrible experiences with Ellie's.  I went there and they were terrible.  I even really liked a dress there but my mom and I were like no way we'd get a dress there.

• smsky444smsky444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a lovely experience at Distinctive Designs in Rockville.  I've been back a few times to try on the sample of my dress for my mom and FMIL (mine has not arrived yet), and they have been incredibly accomodating and nice each time.
  • edited December 2011
    My favorites were Maria's in Fairfax, Bridals by Natalie near Ft. Belvoir, and Rosslyn's in Falls Church.  I did get my bridesmaids dresses from Ellies because they were so close.  Everything worked out okay, but I had some issues along the way (like charging my MOH twice and not telling me they were still waiting for one of the girls, etc.).  I think with all stores it is really about the person who helps you.  I ended up getting my dress from Tiffanys in Richmond - great store and great service!

GL  Erin
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Terri Lynn Bridal in Bethesda - I just purchased my dress there yesterday! 

I love her selections and her personal attention - she only does 1 appointment a time so you have free range to try any dress on.  She really knows the business and is very quick to suggest dresses to try on, without being overly pushy.

http://www.terrilynnbridal.com/

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at La Bella Bridal in Occoquan.  Even though we live in Bethesda, it was worth the trip!  They have a selection of regular and consignment dresses.  Ellalyne has unbelievable customer service, really listening to what we wanted and picking out dresses that were perfect for each of us.  Our dresses ended up being under $500 each.  And because they were consignment, we were able to try on the actual dresses we would be buying, and walk out with them the same day.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a consignment shop, I do I do, in gaithersburg, md.
  • kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my favorites was Rosalin's Bridal, they will offer discounts to their dresses by a LOT.
  • jerseychef71jerseychef71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been having a wonderful experience with Ellie's Bridals, but it's a cramped shop - definitely one to visit on a weekday, not a Saturday or Sunday!  Got foundation garments at Trousseau in Vienna - they're fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards