New York-Long Island
Options

Need Help-$5000 budget for venue and cermony site

I have a total budget of $10,000 for everything and half of that i would like to use for the reception and ceremony site. We will be having a small intimate wedding of 30-40 people and i'm looking for something that will not be overly tacky to do with the budget i have. I know that most halls will probably not accomadate that low nu,ber of people  but i hope someone knows of a place. We would like to stick to the new york area (long island or any of the boroughs) and we are even willing to go out to PA, NJ or CT. Does anyone know of any places?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Help-$5000 budget for venue and cermony site

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    have you checked out any wineries? museums? historic homes? your fave restaurants? i went to a lunch reception at the chart house in (i thik) hoboken mj after a late AM wedding. ferry over to the restaurant and then a quick walk. the restaurant overlooks the hudson and west side. beautiful view. i think they had about 40 guests or so.

• Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Chart House too!  The food is great and it really does have fantastic views of Manhattan.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cheapest that I found was the Fox Hollow in Nassau County that was like $70 something pp. and they really did include EVERYTHING for that price and I hear GREAT things about that place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi sleepnbeeutie,
    when you say Fox Hollow included everything, what does that mean? I'm trying to do a 50 person wedding on a $10K budget for food, drinks, dj, photography, flowers....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wineries are VERY expensive.  Cheapest rental fee I saw was $5,000 and all except for Raphael's you have to bring in your own caterer including plates, napkins, tables, chairs... VERY expensive.

But yes Fox Hollow is a super good place to start.  They were my runner up and they seemed to have included EVERYTHING for a very low price and I hear very good things about them and their room with a ton of windows in it was very pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards