Illinois
Options

Vendor Reviews for Naperville Wedding and FOR SALE website

Hello!

Finally got around to this! Please contact me at becky.a.hughes@gmail.com for any of their contact info or questions. Also, visit my for sale website...lots of goodies!
https://sites.google.com/site/beckyweddingforsale/

Wedding Date: July 24, 2010

Chapel: Century Memorial Chapel at Naper Settlement

Amazing and unique venue! I received endless comments on not only the Chapel but the grounds at Naper Settlement. The staff is great as well! When we first booked a date they called back a few hours later because there was a craft fair on the grounds scheduled for the same day and didn’t want that to interfere with our ceremony. We were able to reschedule and have no surprises.

Reception: NIU Naperville

I wanted a very untraditional banquet hall and their space was exactly what I wanted. It’s a total blank slate and they are very accommodating to any ideas to dress up the place. They let me bring in any outside vendor (lighting, chairs, etc.) but they were willing to do these services as well. I was just really persnickety about EVERYTHING! I was planning from out-of-state and they did a great job communicating with me. There is a great open atrium and outdoor patio for cocktail hour and the reception room is huge and they were very open to a variety of table set-ups. Did I mention they are super affordable? HUGE plus!

Videography: PD Video Productions

Frank was the best bang for my buck! He has amazing quality, communication, professionalism (isn’t the creepy guy with the camera in your face!) We cherish our video sooo much!

Photography: Bella Pictures

We signed up for the discounts and booked two photographers. There was a ton of turnover of our account to different sales associates which became a bit confusing, but once we were “matched” with our photographers, we just communicated directly with them. I loved our photographer, but the second one didn’t have as much experience so some of the photos have a clear difference of style.

DJ: An Enchanted Evening

Again, went with a discount from a wedding showcase and they had great communication and we were able to do everything online. When I hadn’t completed everything a few weeks before the wedding they contacted me to ensure they had everything

Salon: Mario Triccoci

Was is the cheapest around? No, but they were able to accommodate my entire party, 2 minutes from my venue, and did amazing work! I actually had 2 hair trials because it took a long time for me to figure out what I wanted, but in the end it was amazing and they made sure I felt confident.

Hotel: Comfort Inn and Suites (across from NIU Naperville)

It was across the street from our reception, provided free shuttle, great open areas for friends to gather, free breakfast and great customer service. Highly recommend!

Lighting: Chicago Lighting Design

Len was great and totally went with my vision of the space. We met at the venue since it was the first time working with NIU. We had to make sure there was clearance for him to work there and handing some logistical needs but the look was amazing! I had a variety of paper lanterns over the dance floor and it created this amazing glow throughout the night. The only snag happened at the beginning of dinner where the lights and dj system kept shorting each other, but NIU handled it great and I was only mildly annoyed. My husband (an electrician) was a bit more frustrated!

Florist: Joyce Grattoni (please ask for contact information)

I found her on the knot and she is astounding! She used to work for Harper College and now works out of her home. I wanted some non-traditional designs with lots of height and contrasting colors. Her portfolio wasn’t that style, but I gave her a chance and we had  a ton of communication to get on the same page. She did EXACTLY what I had envisioned and for a great price too! Hands down, one of my favorite vendors!

Chair Covers and some Linens: The Chair Couture

Love them! The last thing I wanted was cookie cutter and they delivered! They had a trillion options of chair sashes and knots, thousands of matching colors, and tons of creativity! Again, I wanted something non-traditional so I had them take a table runner and pool it in the middle of the table instead of runner style and she created my vision perfectly!

Re: Vendor Reviews for Naperville Wedding and FOR SALE website

• Options
    redhot6287redhot6287 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your reviews!! I love reading these :-)

Just sent you a PM :-)
  • Options
    Doll3306Doll3306 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldnt agree with you more about Century Memorial and NIU Naperville.  I am using both of those venues for my wedding on June 30, 2012. 

One thing about Century Memorial, when me, my FI, and our party went there for our site visit, the inside of the chapel was rather dark. It was a cloudy day and I was thinking that was why is was darker inside.  On you wedding, was it bright enough for everyone to see and for the pictures?

imageWedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards