Favors

Need ideas for favors

Hi!  We just started planning our wedding and a friend of mine introduced me to these boards. 

My fiance is Mexican and I'm Caucasian.  We were thinking of favors and would like to come up with something to incorporate the two of us together (Example: Hot sauce or Mexican Candies from his side plus something from my side but what?).  Something in which we can tie a cute saying into it (like sugar and spice....). 
Or would we be better off sticking with the traditional wedding favors? 

Any unique and cute ideas out there?  

Together, we are both huge Chicago Cubs fans and were thinking of using this aspect as our table names.  If we aren't doing a themed wedding, is this ok to do?  Or will it not make any sense? 

Appreciate your input and suggestions!

Re: Need ideas for favors

• kttestkttest member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anything edible is always a great idea! Love your sugar and spice idea..how about hot sauce and white chocolate (or regular chocolate)? As for table names anything that personalizes it is great even of there isn't a theme per se.
  • edited December 2011
    how about a sugar cookie in the shape of a chillipepper or sombrero? decorated in your wedding colors? sugar cookies are very traditional and feel really american so it could be a fun blend
  • edited December 2011
    The sugar and spice idea is so cute.  Maybe another idea is to do spicy chocolates.  I know it may sound weird at first but they make chocolate truffles filled with cream that's infused with various kinds of peppers.  They're actually really tasty.  Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Friend did personalized Us Weekly Magazines for her wedding. They were 8 page full color magazines, parodies of Us weekly and it told the story of the couple, interviews with the best man, etc. ADORABLE. I can find out who to contact if interested.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas.  I'll let you know what we've decided on.

Jaertker: not sure if I would use that for favors, but that's a cute idea for something else.  Yes, please let me know.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jaertker:  you have a total of 7 posts in two days, and every one of them has been pushing this product.  Are you a vendor?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards