Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

$$$ for photographer and videographer

So is it ridiculous to spend almost as much on your videographer as we are on a photographer?  I mean, it would be one of the best videographers in the city and then a tier 2/3 photographer that has amazing stuff - should the caliber of these professionals match?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: $$$ for photographer and videographer

• Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's any one right answer; it's about what you value.  We're doing both, but the pictures are more important to me than the video so that's where we're spending our money.  But if you think the video is what you're going to want to bring out and show friends, invest there.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is really a matter of personal preference.

For us, the photos were far more important than video. DH is a photographer, and therefore, choosing a photographer was one of his top priorities. Also, I'm going to have wedding pictures on my walls for 50 years, but I'll maybe watch the video of our wedding day once a year, on our anniversary.

I don't think you need to have exactly the same caliber photographer/videographer. You should decide what is most important to you and your fiance, and book vendors accordingly.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Belle2BeBelle2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its crazy. But I'm also looking at paying a photographer half of what our entire wedding would cost so thats probably pretty crazy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our videographer and photographer were almost equal in cost. Both of these vendor's individual styles suited our tastes and budget, which is how we made the decision to book each. 
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards