Texas-Austin

Need HELP finding a reception site!!!

I am now starting to plan my wedding for October 2011 and I need to find a venue and right now I am not having any luck!!!

I am looking for something:

You can use outside caterers
Can accommodate up to 120 people
In the austin area
Parking
and we are one a tight budget and paying for everything ourselves so and reception site about $1,500 or less.

Re: Need HELP finding a reception site!!!

• edited December 2011
    I am now starting to plan my wedding for October 2011 and I need to find a venue and right now I am not having any luck!!!

I am looking for something:

You can use outside caterers
    Can accommodate up to 120 people
    In the austin area
    Parking
    and we are one a tight budget and paying for everything ourselves so and reception site about $1,500 or less.
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try your local wedding board. Click on "local wedding boards" on the left and choose your city/state.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know exact prices but here are some I've heard of...

Mercury Hall
    House on the Hill

A friend just booked her wedding at Green Pastures and said it was a lot less than she thought it would be...they provide the food as well.

• edited December 2011
    Would you consider doing it on a weekday? October is peak wedding season in Austin, so many places will demand peak prices for weekends. If you are open to a weekday or weeknight, your budget will go much further. The two mentioned above would work, as well as Caswell House, Allan House, the Palm Door... you could also try entering the lottery for Austin Park sites such as Mayfield Park and Zilker Clubhouse. I think some venues further out of town are less strict on outside caterers and alcohol, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mercury Hall has their rates on their website. If you do a Thursday wedding or Daytime wedding at Mercury Hall it is really inexpensive.

Green Pastures doesn't charge for their spaces, but you have to meet a minimum food and beverage price depending on the rooms you use, they do provide pretty much everythign though, so that might work out for you.

Definitely try the lottery for the Austin Park sites as mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards