Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording Advice - Info Card - Transportation

This will be on a info card in the invite.  I am struggling with how to word it:

We have hired a bus to transport guests to and from the reception location.  The bus will pick up and drop off people from the parking lot behind the XXXX Inn (Address).  The bus departure times will be listed on the wedding website. 

Parking is limited, so please try to carpool as much as possible or use the bus. 

Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wording Advice - Info Card - Transportation

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    What about something like:

While parking is available at XXY Venue, space is limited.  Transportation will be provided btwn XZY and the accommodation listed above. 

For more information regarding transportation and other wedding details, please visit ourwebsite.com
  • How about:

Due to parking limitations at XX venue, for your convenience, transportation will be provided to and from venue at XX location.  Pick up times and further details are on ourwebsite.com

• I was just working on the wording for an insert card for the invites tonight.  (We hired a shuttle, but for different reasons than limited parking).  Here's what I used...

"For the convenience and safety of our guests, we have contracted with XYZ Charters to provide a complimentary shuttle service.  We encourage guests to use the shuttle service due to the distance [venue is 1 hour away] and to avoid getting lost.  If you plan to consume alcohol at the reception, please consider using the shuttle service or a designated driver".

Then I list the details for pickup location, on-board time and arrival time.  I also list that additional shuttles will return guests following the reception.  I included a separate RSVP card for the shuttle asking them to reserve the number of seats needed for each shuttle.  [One shuttle goes to the hotel and another goes back to the 'hometown'].

In your situation, I think that you should state that "because parking is limited at the venue and guests are strongly encouraged to utilize the complimentary guest shuttle service", (or something like that).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • We hired the bus mostly because we have a completely open bar and the venue is 40 minutes away on a dirt road by a river.  I don't want people to drink and drive or get lost. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ok, so this might be a rude question, and it may not be the same where i live, but... well.... whats the price ranges you saw when you were setting that up? I would much rather have shuttle runs but im not sure what type i should use or how much it costs. Im on a smallish budget. Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards