Michigan-Lansing

Dress Alterations in Jackson or Lansing?

I am looking for a GOOD place to go for dress alterations in Jackson or Lansing.

So the place I ordered my wedding dress has been a MESS from the start.  They told me they do alterations, now they are telling me they are refering alterations out but don't have anyone to reccomend to me in that area.  My dress was in last September and due to me living in FL right now I came up in Nov. to try it on... They measured me very very wrong!  Lets just say they had me 8 inches larger then I am (and I didn't loose any weight) and had a size too big and it fell off me if I wasn't holding it.  At that point they reordered it and said it would be in by 4 months (so that would be March).  Now they are telling me it won't be in until end of May which has made a major change in my plans of when to come home for other wedding things as well as alterations.  So now I can't get the dress untill the end of May and need to have alterations done somewhere else the first few days of June while I am home.  Problem is my wedding is July 7th and I know some places are giving me a hard time about it being so close to the wedding date!

I need help!  I am so frurstrated especially since I am having to make trips all the way from Florida for this!  Someone please help me if you have anywhere that is good and trustworth for me!!!

Re: Dress Alterations in Jackson or Lansing?

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Hilda at the Wedding Bell has a good reputation.  You could also try Sandie's Tailoring in Okemos.  My DD had several of her prom dresses altered there.  Silver Thread Tailor Shoppe in Lansing also has gotten good reviews.

Good Luck. 

• jdkarstenjdkarsten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silver Thread in Lansing is Wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Something Blue Bridal in Jackson! She is very nice and helpful!!!
    "There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards