Massachusetts-Cape Cod

getting in shape

Hello ladies!
Anyone have any tips or ideas on getting in shape for the big day?  Or things that worked for them?  I have been working out and eating good and havent lost any weight... wondering what has worked for you!

Re: getting in shape

• edited December 2011
    If you already have a gym that you go to, I would recommend scheduling a few sessions w/ a personal trainer.  They can get you on a routine and offer nutrition advice.  I kept a food journal for the months up to my wedding, which really helped.
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks CCBelle! I just bought a food journal on Friday!  Ill schedule some PT @ the gym thanks!
  • caseyrusscaseyruss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you live in boston, beantown bootcamp is awesome. i've been taking it since november and am in the best shape i've ever been in. it's not a bride bootcamp which i like....too much wedding stuff can drive you nuts! the class is typically only about 10 people, sometimes less, so it's almost like you have your own personal trainer. i quit the gym because i was not getting the results that i thought i should. it was a waste of my money! good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have one word for you. RUNNING.  That's it.  If you've never really run, learn how.  It will tone almost your whole body and with some calorie restriction, the weight will drop fast.  Besides, it's the best stress relief ever!  You can do it!
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! :) Yes I have been trying to jog on the tredmill at the gym its more of a walk then jog but that seems to be the way to start!! I only have 97 days to fit in my dress!~
    edited December 2011
    ps i dont know how to get rid of that picture???
  • caseyrusscaseyruss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i think a combination of running and strength training is the best way to get results. you can't expect to get toned by just running. just my own opinion, but hope it goes well and good luck with the wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards