Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Combination

We're looking to do both the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances together and are trying to find a song that will work.
Any suggestions?

Re: Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Combination

• Options
    kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using "Soul of My Soul" by Michael Bolton for my Mother/Son dance with my son. Hopefully I wont cry too much (G)

I haven't figured out a Father/Daughter dance yet. Wish I could just skip that one!
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_fatherdaughter-motherson-combination?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:0232b51e-8f23-4bed-b959-122cf04c4610Post:4756655b-90a2-4e1d-adb1-ff8c11c0540e">Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Combination</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're looking to do both the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances together and are trying to find a song that will work. Any suggestions?
    Posted by jenniferchruszcz[/QUOTE]

We're thinking of doing this too! The only idea I have so far is "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole, but I want to find something better...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts
    "I Hope You Dance" by Leann Womack 
    "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion
    "In My Life" by The Beatles (or Johnny Cash, if you prefer him to the Beatles like myself)

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you a fan of country? I'm dancing with my dad to "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins, and I think it would work well for both!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm trying to find something that's not super common, but I think "My Wish" is going to be my backup!
  • Options
    rosa730rosa730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing "Your Momma Don't Dance" by Poison - unexpected yet appropriate!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    rascal flatts- my wish for mother son

and

daughter- loudon wainright III for father daughter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards