South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Band for $2000?

My FI and I desperately want a live band at our reception but just cannot afford our dream group at $7000. Has anyone found a wedding band with a good variety of music for $2000 or under? 

Re: Band for $2000?

• Options
    We had Permanent Vacation at our wedding at The William House in August...they are a little bit more...but worth every penny!!!!
  • Options
    We booked The Vistas a year ago for our wedding this past September
    And they were very reasonable. Not sure what they are charging now, but they are definitely worth looking into. They totally exceeded my expectations!

We used a website called Gigmasters to help us search for and price bands. You put in all of your event information and you will get "bids" from local bands. It was a really helpful starting point for us!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_band-for-2000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:fd4251fb-298d-4cb7-a1a6-bd5d74be0d78Post:cf97b3ca-1498-493b-ac80-14adec6cba13">Re: Band for $2000?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Permanent Vacation at our wedding at The William House in August...they are a little bit more...but worth every penny!!!!
    Posted by Juniper403[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    What kind of music are you looking for?
    If you are looking for a good variety of rock cover songs- Simple Possession, you can find them on Facebook if you look up their name (they are the only ones)

Or if you like a swingtime jazz band with ukes, upright bass, guitar and drums doing old tunes from the 20's, 30's and 40's- The V Tones of Charleston = you can find them on facebook by l looking up The V-Tones of Charleston

Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    I know this is a little more than you wanted, but we booked Quiana Parlor for $3,000. She is AMAZING. She was a former American Idol finalist and has a pretty wide range of music - everything from jazz to pop. She's based out of Charleston.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the input, it has really helped! We are looking for a variety of music from oldies/motown/beach music to more modern popular songs. 

I used Gigmasters and have received a few bids. The Vistas are currently quoting $2500. And I looked at Quiana's website, she seems fantastic! I'll have to see what her band would charge. 

We are still looking, so if any one else has found great variety bands at a similar price please let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards