June 2012 Weddings
Options

Thursday Thread - The Usual!

So I need to vent so I'm starting the Thursday thread.

I realize I'm more sensitive to this situation than others might be but I'm still mad about it. A friend of mine that I've known forever is getting married tomorrow at a Destination Wedding. They're having a reception back home in January, which is wonderful. I'm not upset about that at all. The invitation, however, is what I am upset about. It listed my parents, my brother and I with a note saying that "Jessie & Brother may bring a guest if they want. Okay, I'm pretty sure that my FI has a name and the way you worded that, makes it sound like you don't want him there.

Well I work with some of our mutual friends/family (that would be the bride and myself). One of them had the RSVP with them to mail and we all started talking about it. I mentioned how she didn't even bother to put Matt's name on the invitation and they were all on the bride's side. Saying that "maybe she thought he'd be somewhere" - Umm...that's HIS decision to make, you still invite them. One said "You're not going to invite everyone to your wedding with dates either". Well you're right but guess what, anyone in a relationship will be and their NAME will be on it. 

TBH, I would have been okay with Jessie & Guest but to put "Jessie can bring a guest if she wants" is just rude. 

It doesn't help that the same person who made the comment about our guest list is the same person who has a problem with EVERY SINGLE THING about our wedding. Needless to say, I have stopped telling her anything. She's the one that brought it up today. 

Geez that got long.  

Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!

• Options
    WTF That's like talking about a party in a huge group where only one person hasn't been inviting and saying "You can come if you want." Ya know, in MIDDLE SCHOOL. And I imagine the tone at the end to not be welcoming.

If it's in the budget for you to both have a guest (I'm guessing Bro is single?) then it should say Matt on the damn invitation.  I'm assuming she knows his name?!

People AMAZE me.  And not in a good way.
  • Options
    That's about as tacky as my BM's cousins beautiful embossed invitations with BYOB scribbled on them in black sharpie.
  • Options
    Jess that is so stupid. How freaking rude of her. Poor Matt...he's always getting left off of stuff!! Some people just don't understand where etiquette is a definite requirement. Like putting someone's FI's NAME on a freaking invitation. How dumb does that sound. I hope they weren't fancy invitations.

And Megan...that is so tacky. BYOB. Not. attending. No alcohol? Fine. But being told to BYOB is just gross.

And I'm in a really bad/fiesty mood right now because I hate my body because I have the world's worst cramps. I can't even freaking see straight. Ugh. And one of the broker's needs help with this packet and I just want to go home and curl up in a ball.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:9e666bdd-20fa-4adf-888e-b54bed91e4b7">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's about as tacky as my BM's cousins beautiful embossed invitations with BYOB scribbled on them in black sharpie.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's klassy.

Yes, my brother is single and she knows Matt's name. I've known her my entire life. Not to mention that it's easy enough to figure out <em>if</em> she "forgot" which is highly unlikely. It also would have been much easier for her to write his name than a long explanation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:4fa1fde6-9e89-48c1-9d7e-53fe514f25e4">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess that is so stupid. How freaking rude of her. Poor Matt...he's always getting left off of stuff!! Some people just don't understand where etiquette is a definite requirement. Like putting someone's FI's NAME on a freaking invitation. How dumb does that sound. I hope they weren't fancy invitations. And Megan...that is so tacky. BYOB. Not. attending. No alcohol? Fine. But being told to BYOB is just gross. And I'm in a really bad/<strong>fiesty</strong> mood right now because I hate my body because I have the world's worst cramps. I can't even freaking see straight. Ugh. And one of the broker's needs help with this packet and I just want to go home and curl up in a ball.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

<div>You seem feisty! I kind of like it ;) But I'm sorry you feel lousy.</div><div>
    </div><div>Her invites were super fancy, yet it was kind of a barnyard wedding.  Which is fine.  But damn, invites on regular printer paper would have been more appropriate and conducive to laid back, not really a reception, BYOB. I feel like it rained, and they didn't have chairs for the ceremony too. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:d24dde0a-eb9e-45f8-9edf-3cb92a372f42">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual! : Wow, that's klassy. Yes, my brother is single and she knows Matt's name. I've known her my entire life. Not to mention that it's easy enough to figure out if she "forgot" which is highly unlikely. It also would have been much easier for her to write his name than a long explanation.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Right?? She wouldn't "offer" if it weren't in her budget.  So why not just write +2 plus ones.  You guys are engaged.  Can't get more serious than that, unless your married--which, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're working on that lil tidbit, right?</div><div>
    </div><div>God damn. I'm feisty.  I have a final in 2 hours. On phenomenology and all it's glory. </div>
  • Options

WTF not to mention you are out of the house at this point and ENGAGED.  WTF.  Not only were they out of form in saying "she can bring a guest if she wants", they should have given you your own invitation.  Geesh.

I don't blame you for being mad.  I would be too.

• Options
    WTF Jess that's ridiculous and beyond rude.  I'm also surprised so many people stuck up for her, I've honestly never heard of an invitation going to someone in a relationship of any sort that didn't have both people's names or at least one name and guest.

BYOB is also quite ridiculous Meg.
  • Options
    Jess- I hear ya... that is just annoying!! FMIL sent an xmas card to our house addressed to "Paul Lastname & Family" ... I was like really lady its been 7 years you can't write my name on an xmas card!!! gggrrr...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:bf8874e3-be7b-453e-aa58-efba4d8202b5">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF not to mention you are out of the house at this point and ENGAGED.  WTF.  Not only were they out of form in saying "she can bring a guest if she wants", <strong>they should have given you your own invitation. </strong> Geesh. I don't blame you for being mad.  I would be too.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice catch.</div>
  • Options
    I still live at home. I really don't mind them saving paper/stamps/whatever else by not sending me my own invitation. His name still should have been on there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:bf8874e3-be7b-453e-aa58-efba4d8202b5">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF not to mention you are out of the house at this point and ENGAGED.  WTF.  Not only were they out of form in saying "she can bring a guest if she wants", they should have given you your own invitation.  Geesh. I don't blame you for being mad.  I would be too.

<div>Well cleraly what <em>should</em> be done doesn't really matter to this bsc bride. People like this really irk my nerves. Maybe I'll address all our friends with SOs like that. To Best Man. You can bring a guest if you want. I know y'all live together and are eventually getting married, so I <em>guess</em> she can come. Only if she really wants to though.</div>
  • Options
    WTF Jess, that is horrible and Meg, BYOB- wow.
    Somepeople just don't have brains.  (Sorrry, I'm in a people bug me mood) But really, If someone is in a serious relationship than either a name or a plus one should have been on the invitation. When Fi's sister got married, we each had our own seperate invites and then, I barely got to see him for the night because he had to take care of family stuff. It really bugged me. I felt that there was no point in inviting me.
    One we should have had the same invitation (it shuold have been addressed to him, with a plus one or something, because we were engaged at that time,a dn had been engaged longer than her and  her husband- they had a like a 5-6 month engagement and got engaged after we did)
    Two- as a bride there was no reason for her broter to have to be by her all night long.

UGH

Anywayys, there is like no snow, and I want snow for Christmas.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:7bff4769-47b3-4820-95b6-ba0a1fb89dca">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> still live at home. </strong>I really don't mind them saving paper/stamps/whatever else by not sending me my own invitation. His name still should have been on there.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Fail party of me.  I didn't know lol. Sorry!
    But I still agree, they should have put "& guest" at an absolute MINIMUM. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:558d6cb3-1b54-42bd-93dd-e8752354f1c4">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF UGH Anywayys, there is like no snow, and I want snow for Christmas.
    Posted by Danidawn20[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>At least your high isn't 70 degrees today!!! What the heck weather! That's my other vent. I want it to be COLD for Christmas. I'm not even asking for snow, but could we at least have a high no warmer than the 50s? Is that too much to ask?!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:14e0eafa-a7f5-48f7-8a77-0fdc8712478c">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual! : Fail party of me.  I didn't know lol. Sorry! But I still agree, they should have put "& guest" at an absolute MINIMUM. 

I wish you were right. I am so done with living at home. They drive me crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:98013f26-acb0-4d81-82db-329865edbe07">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess- I hear ya... that is just annoying!! FMIL sent an xmas card to our house addressed to "Paul Lastname & Family" ... I was like really lady its been 7 years you can't write my name on an xmas card!!! gggrrr...
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

This! FI's mother did the same damn thing to me. Umm, hello. I have a name and I am marrying your son in less than 6 months. WTH.

Oh, and I'll get the Christmas cards that are addressed to just myself & my son. WTF to those people as well. You KNOW I'm engaged and you KNOW his name - We sent you a STD so you have it in writing. Heck, I still have one long-time friend that still addresses my Christmas card to Kristen "MaidenLastName" which it hasn't been in 10 years (married once & divorced but kept his last name).

Other than that, I really don't have much to complain about this week. Everything seems to be going pretty well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    That is fine that you still live at home. She could have address it to two families. For example The Smiths and The Soon to be Jones family. ( sorry dont know your last name) and that would have covered your brother and your FI. Your FI is your soon to be husband so, she needs to get with the program. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:4fa1fde6-9e89-48c1-9d7e-53fe514f25e4">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess that is so stupid. How freaking rude of her. Poor Matt...he's always getting left off of stuff!! Some people just don't understand where etiquette is a definite requirement. Like putting someone's FI's NAME on a freaking invitation. How dumb does that sound.

Agree! People really suck sometimes. We had friends get married last year and when we got their invitation it read to "FI and Guest". I was highly offended because FI and I had been living together for about a year by the time we got their invitation... I was especially offended because I sat next to the groom in class two semesters in a row and talked to him like every day! Granted he was good friends with FI and I only ever saw the kid during class. And I get that when people aren't yet married, you don't really know what's going to happen with their relationships, but still - really???

Also, my cousin got married last year and she put my name on my parents' invitation (3000 miles away) and I hadn't lived at home for 5 years at that point. I didn't go to her wedding (because we couldn't afford to and we were moving to a new apartment the same weekend) and I couldn't send a gift because I didin't get an invitation, I didn't have their address! Oh well. You put my name on my parents' invitation, you can just assume their gift was from me, too.

My vent is that the holidays are making me really mad because it's too cold and dark outside for me to want to take the dogs walking when I get home from work, so I've been gaining weight. Not to mention all the food we've been eating lately. A girl in my office is an amazing baker and has been bringing in delicious cookies...  FI is going to help me join his gym on Monday :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:bdd69782-892c-42bd-9bff-b50ef1a04f5d">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual! : At least your high isn't 70 degrees today!!! What the heck weather! That's my other vent. I want it to be COLD for Christmas. I'm not even asking for snow, but could we at least have a high no warmer than the 50s? Is that too much to ask?!

Yes, it's 40 degrees here. I think I would die if we were at 70. I can 't believe it. We are suppose to be at like 20-15 degrees right now. Ugh!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:362da8c1-4fc0-495c-addf-87c255e5cf76">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual! :  Yes, it's 40 degrees here. I think I would die if we were at 70. I can 't believe it. We are suppose to be at like 20-15 degrees right now. Ugh!
    Posted by Danidawn20[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's 54 right now. In MASSACHUSETTS. seriously?
  • Options
    WTF: I never have back issues, but for the last day and a half I have hardly been able to move. FI rubbed my shoulders and neck and its like one huge knot. I dont know what to do. This sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aww jess, I'm sorry that is so rude. matt's name should have been on the invite, you are engaged. I would be totally offended and hurt.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WTF- Mom and MIL I need addresses ASAP!!! STDs need to go out like tomorrow!! Ugh
  • Options
    Jess- That is TOTALLY rude! I would be upset as well.... and I agree, it i the wording that makes it rude, if she had simply put "Jess and Guest" it would have been more more acceptable.

Megan- BYOB wedding? WOW!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Okay so I don't really have anything to vent about, however, after reading everyone else's I would just like to say hugs to you all and hope your days get better! 
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:3c03c9c2-425c-4bb5-a95c-5464459d7881">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF: I never have back issues, but for the last day and a half I have hardly been able to move. FI rubbed my shoulders and neck and its like one huge knot. I dont know what to do. This sucks.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]
    My back was killing me yesterday too and I also never have back pain. I took an Aleve and it went right away. Hope your back gets better soon.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_thursday-thread-usual?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5791acb4-45aa-4ea7-b995-b24f8f4dc040Post:8499efdd-8dc5-44cb-939e-6e65cdb8546c">Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Thread - The Usual! : My back was killing me yesterday too and I also never have back pain. I took an Aleve and it went right away. Hope your back gets better soon.
    Posted by franklissa[/QUOTE]

I just took some ibuprofen... I am hoping it kicks in asap. I am workign late tonight so I cant even go to the chiro. DUMB! I am seriously wondering if its being caused from my push up challenge.... i hope not. i am REALLY hoping to be able to do my push ups tonight.
  • Options

The bank won't approve me for our home loan :( I have a steady income, substantial money in the bank and I'm bringing the down payment but my name can't be on the loan and I have to wait 12 months to be approved.. I feel like a child

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Jess that is frustrating. For the last wedding we went to I got a STD to "Tara & Guest" (we live together), the invite was to "Tara & Guest" as well so on the reply card I wrote "Tara & Lou" BUT our escort card still said "Tara & Guest". Oh well.

My vent is I really don't want to be at work. I have nothing to do, except a pile of laundry waiting for me at home. I'm taking all next week to relax at my parents house and I just want to get my stuff done and start the relaxing now!

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards