June 2012 Weddings

What's your favorite detail?

What's your favorite detail about the wedding? If you honestly cannot pick one, then list them all!

Re: What's your favorite detail?

• My dress. I can't friggin wait to wear it. FI and I were joking last night about how I was going to strap it on after the wedding to clean the house. I'm a bit sad we're not having a long reception just so I can wear it for longer.

Also, our jam favours. I'm excited to make them and I think the guests will really enjoy them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI goes without saying. Haha My favorite part of our wedding is hands down our venue! It's a very special place for us and we are so excited to share it with our friends and family!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our beautiful chapel and really just our whole wedding mass.  We had so much fun planning it and it's going to be one of the most special and sacred hours of my life.

If I can pick a second, it's my dress.  I absolutely love it!  We're having a lunch reception but then doing an intimate dinner later with just the two of us and I'm totally keeping it on.  I don't care if everyone in the restaurant stares.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Venue..... I cant wait to get married at my parents house! I have been dreaming of this since we built that house! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it will be seeing all of our kids together dressed in tuxes and a dress. Having them all be up there with us is a special part of our day. Even if their mad that their leaving at 9pm. LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • My garter. Then cake topper. I feel like we need pictures in this thread. I'll start.

• Honestly, My favorite detail is the fact that I am marrying FI. 

Otherwise FI loves the gifts for the WP and I  love my dress, shoes, veil, and toasting glasse
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

My dress. I really love it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love: obviously without FI this wouldn't be happening. 

Our favors (homemad vanilla extract)

Our venue/food

Our photog and videographer

Our CAKE!

Flowers we chose

My whole look

My girls! <3 
  • My shoes (Kate Spad Davie in Cobalt Blue)
    My dress
    The fact that the wedding is in Maui!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My favorite small detail is our table numbers. Last time we were in Disney we took pictures of numbers through out the parks and printed them out. It's a small touch that we'll know is there, but probably no one else will get.

I'm also really excited for our entrance music. We're both HIMYM fans and are using the song the opening theme is from, timing it so we walk into the "ba ba ba"s

Our cake should also be delicious- strawberry swirl with lemon mousse.

The dress/shoes/rings and getting married parts will also be awesome :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:382b54be-791a-4e75-a02e-4bc23918182e">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite small detail is our table numbers. Last time we were in Disney we took pictures of numbers through out the parks and printed them out. It's a small touch that we'll know is there, but probably no one else will get. I'm also really excited for our entrance music. <strong>We're both HIMYM fans and are using the song the opening theme is from, timing it so we walk into the "ba ba ba"s</strong> Our cake should also be delicious- strawberry swirl with lemon mousse. The dress/shoes/rings and getting married parts will also be awesome :)
    Posted by Sabriel14[/QUOTE]

Super cute! We are using The Amazing Race theme music. Fi and I have even applied to be on the show.

My favorite detail (besides marrying my best friend) is our cake. I love the bakery we are using and the flavors are going to be awesome.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • my church, the decorations at the end of each pew ( pictures of relatives that have passed away so they are still going to be at our wedding - actually that has been everyone's fave that knows about it), my cake and the country theme.
  • Our venue-We have the entire place for our guests to enjoy!  It's new, so there have been very few events, let alone wedding receptions there.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:9af1b07f-1545-4c17-9ead-b31886d54986">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Venue..... I cant wait to get married at my parents house! I have been dreaming of this since we built that house! :)
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this exactly! And the centerpieces, and reception decorations!
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:0bfd35d0-d646-4a6d-bfc0-b51786495d7d">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love: obviously without FI this wouldn't be happening.  Our favors (homemad vanilla extract) Our venue/food Our photog and videographer Our CAKE! Flowers we chose My whole look My girls! <3 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

So.... everything? :)
  • I can't pick one favorite detail.
    Seriously I love everything we picked out and did! I can't wait to see it all come together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:42d7275c-b545-40a7-b7b3-9364e7f0cff5">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite detail? : So.... everything? :)

<div>Almost everything haha. I couldn't pick just one! </div>
  • Centerpieces:

This is the inspriation but they should look almost identical.

Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:75f65f55-31ed-4d5a-9f30-911f1ec103cb">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite detail? : Almost everything haha. I couldn't pick just one! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

It's your wedding.... you SHOULD love it all :)
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    -Our ceremony, since we created it from scratch and it fits us perfectly. And our officiant-because it's us :)

-Second is our cupcakes. They are seriously the best cupcakes I have ever had. 

• Megbo turning into a big softy...

My favorite small detail is that my grandmothers rosary beads will be wrapped around my bouquet stem. I miss her. It's been almost a year since she passed away.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_whats-your-favorite-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c1525d6d-5de6-424e-90b9-dfceeaa55562Post:c610fea7-3468-4c68-8355-387f05025d00">Re: What's your favorite detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your favorite detail? : It's your wedding.... you SHOULD love it all :)

<div>Very true!</div>
  • I have to go with the attire and the urban-esque theme. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're incorporating Disney into several aspects since that's where we got engaged (and since I'm such a huge fan):  the cake topper, a design on some of the cupcakes, my dress inspiration.

Also, I have a piece of each of my grandmothers for the day.  I'm wearing my mother's mom's earrings, that grandmother has a brooch of her mother's (my great-grandmother) that will go on my bouquet, my grandfather's mother gave me a rosary when I was young and I'm going to wrap that around the bouquet, and I have 2 brooches from my dad's mom that are her initials, which will also go on my bouquet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress and the bouquest since me, my mom, and my aunts made them together. I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I am really excited to see what it looks like once it all comes together. I have seen all the pieces, now I am ready to see the puzzle come together.
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Besides FI, our venue is our favorite detail. It sets the entire theme and mood of our wedding. Beautiful vineyard, here we come!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I love myself the most! I'm my favorite detail...haha, j/k. FI duh! our cake FI and I designed it together so it's special, and it is sooo yummy! My dress!!! Someone above said they would wear it around the house...I literally, probably will! I'm not ashamed. My centerpieces and bouquet. Our favors fortune cookies, with love quotes instead of fortunes. Horse carriage to take us away after the reception. Pretty much everything....
  • In Response to Re:What's your favorite detail?:[QUOTE]Megbo turning into a big softy...Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]
    I thought this exactly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards