Minnesota

Reception halls in Twin Cities - need help!!

Hey ladies! 

I'm looking for a fabulous reception hall in the Twin Cities! So far... I've checked into the W Hotel, the Westin Galleria ($88/plate - like whoa), The Depot (still waiting to hear back) and Rush Creek Golf Course.

We're looking to do an outdoor-woodsy theme... so something kind of rustic would be awesome or with views etc. However, we're also thinking of something in the city since it'd be easier with hotels etc.

Any suggestions?? Looking at 320 guests, up to $40/plate. 

Thank you!!! :) 
12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Reception halls in Twin Cities - need help!!

• brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rush creek is pretty nice.
    I should say I've heard some reviews on the depot staff, that were less than favorable.
    There aren't many places in the downtown area, that offer a rustic setting. If that is what you want you'll need to look a little further out into the suburbs.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you heard of the Woods?
    http://www.thewoodschapel.com/

Our friends had a wedding there - just stunning!!!  They had great pictures too - I think they are on the photogs website?  Can't remember:
    http://dnkphotography.com

• AnnaRose1286AnnaRose1286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been doing my research of similar types of reception halls. I'm sort of stuck on the Earle Brown Heritage Center. It used to be a horse ranch at some point in history. It's gorgeous! They have several rooms available, no rental, just a food & beverage minimum. The plates go around $25-$30 a plate.

This should be right:
    http://www.earlebrown.com
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely 2nd Earle Brown, seemed like a really nice place.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the W. I've also been to one at Rush Creek and it was gorgeous as well! Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, also.. the Depot's food min is crazy high (around $20,000). The W only holds 180... Hope that helps!
  • rasoucierasoucie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depot food and beverage minimum was 24,000 PLUS tax AND service fees, so you're looking at over 30,000 MINIMUM after taxes.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Arboretum and the Bayview Event Center. The Woods Chapel was also cool just for the ceremony...they dont really do receptions though....rustic is hard in MN. Check out the MN Boat Club as well....just some ideas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pell0079pell0079 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the Day Block Building downtown on Washington and 11th, its super cheap to rent, huge, and you can bring in your own caterer and booze! And there are exposed brick walls and giant windows overlooking the river and downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards