Second Weddings

Invitation silliness

FI and I are addressing invitations right now. Apparently when I said "please track down the addresses for your friends", he heard, "give her a list of names, their parent's address from years ago where they probably don't live anymore, and I guess I don't need to mention that they are married with possible children".

Lol, men. I just thought it was funny and you ladies might get a kick out of it.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Happy planning!

Re: Invitation silliness

• psychmarcipsychmarci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh My fav is a message on facebook from my cousin the other day. "Hey, if you'd like an invite to my wedding please comment with your address." I laughed at him so hard. The bad part was the like 20 something addresses he had in the comments! I felt so bad for his fiance. Im sure he was very eager to help! LOL
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI got all the addresses and street names, just not the actual designation (St. Ave. Dr., etc).  So when I was addressing our invitations I would have to Google the address and find out what the designation was.  Not a huge deal - just thought it was funny.
  • edited December 2011
    I lol lol lol  at that post sounds just like my FI
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...give her a list of names, their parent's address from years ago where they probably don't live anymore, and I guess I don't need to mention that they are married with possible children".

The above is what happens with High School reunions........NOT weddings, LOL.

I've only asked my fiance for ONE address, as everyone coming on his side is family, and they are already in my address book.
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a nightmare of a time getting some addresses I needed, thankfully FI wasn't responsible for getting the addresses for me, lol.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness for my MiL!  Actually, H was pretty well prepared, but she was good at tracking down the nieces and nephews who move far too often for us to keep track of.
  • edited December 2011
    heh.  My FI says "why do we need addresses?  I'll just hand them out the next time I'm down at the bar or pool league."

seriously.

I wish I was kidding.
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_invitation-silliness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:ba9ae724-73dd-4caa-b14e-16b52222fa5cPost:62cbdfeb-972e-4a95-9f3b-6af8fc443678">Re: Invitation silliness</a>:
    [QUOTE]heh.  <strong>My FI says "why do we need addresses?  I'll just hand them out the next time I'm down at the bar or pool league." seriously.</strong> I wish I was kidding.
    Posted by shytownkelly[/QUOTE]

Too funny!!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • used2bangelused2bangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_invitation-silliness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:ba9ae724-73dd-4caa-b14e-16b52222fa5cPost:62cbdfeb-972e-4a95-9f3b-6af8fc443678">Re: Invitation silliness</a>:
    [QUOTE]heh.  My FI says "why do we need addresses?  I'll just hand them out the next time I'm down at the bar or pool league." seriously. I wish I was kidding.
    Posted by shytownkelly[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  Seriously, it's less expensive than mailing them...
  • JenaebabyJenaebaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank goodness i just did my xmas card list... i have most of the addresses i need for his family now, and there's a family reunion for my side in 2 weeks so i'll be getting just over half of mine then....

for his family addresses i had to get the ones i knew on facebook and i think he made 2 phone calls... he says, "it's your deal,  get the addressesfrom facebook, you know my login to send messages"... lol... boys :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards