Maine

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

hannahrhhannahrh member
First Comment
...tomorrow for Maine!!!  I'm so excited, but TERRIFIED of flying Cry

Life's a beach!

Re: I'm leaving on a jet plane...

• edited December 2011
    Have a great time!  And post pics when you're back.  Hopefully the flight will go quickly!

We're actually flying out next weekend to spend a week planning, but aren't getting married til August.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its been beautiful here all week! Its supposed to be a little cooler this weekend but its still supposed to be mostly nice (Im refusing to see the rain that theyre showing in the forcast.)
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MollySM:

That's awesome!  I hope you have a good trip as well.  Where are you looking?

Mainemommy:

I saw yesterday, according to weather.com OOB (nice pic btw) was "93 feels like 96" and Redondo Beach, CA (where I live) "62 feels like 62'. 

Life's a beach!
  • edited December 2011
    Hannah - we are having our ceremony/lunch in Rockland on a sailboat (the Nathaniel Bowditch) and then a party bus taking us to my sister's house in Ellsworth for the reception/dinner!  So on the 5th we fly in to spend the week getting my sister's meadow ready for the reception.  We'll also visit the sailboat and make some definitely plans about the ceremony.  I'm so excited!

Where is your wedding? 
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_im-leaving-jet-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:4029471f-8a8b-4011-b3cb-ee544c583d13Post:5b31b2ef-2cfc-40f5-841a-aefea592ea05">Re: I'm leaving on a jet plane...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hannah - we are having our ceremony/lunch in Rockland on a sailboat (the Nathaniel Bowditch) and then a party bus taking us to my sister's house in Ellsworth for the reception/dinner!  So on the 5th we fly in to spend the week getting my sister's meadow ready for the reception.  We'll also visit the sailboat and make some definitely plans about the ceremony.  I'm so excited! Where is your wedding? 
    Posted by MollySm[/QUOTE]

That's so exciting!  I haven't been to Rockland/Ellsworth in over a decade.  Our ceremony is in South Paris, and the reception is at Sunday River Grand Summit. Since we have to travel and pay for a wedding, we are postponing a "real" honeymoon until later.  However, we may head up to Acadia.

Have a great trip!!

Life's a beach!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_im-leaving-jet-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:4029471f-8a8b-4011-b3cb-ee544c583d13Post:07350631-3a6b-45b3-aeac-2daf3035ff8b">Re: I'm leaving on a jet plane...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm leaving on a jet plane... : That's so exciting!  I haven't been to Rockland/Ellsworth in over a decade.  Our ceremony is in South Paris, and the reception is at Sunday River Grand Summit. <strong>Since we have to travel and pay for a wedding, we are postponing a "real" honeymoon until later</strong>.  However, we may head up to Acadia. Have a great trip!!  
    Posted by hannahrh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are postponing ours for the same reason!  It would be too expensive to take one right after, and too hard to get more time off of work.   We are thinking of taking a mini-moon this fall and heading up to Napa :)  Have a fabulous trip and an amazing wedding!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards