Second Weddings

On a more positive note... (PIP heavy)

As some of you know, I got lucky enough that my dress fit me perfectly so I didn't need alterations. It has a sweep train though, and I tried for months to say "no, I don't need a bustle" to save the money. Well, after hearing the horror stories from people about brides' dresses that were ruined by people trampling the train, ripping it up, and even one that said the skirt ripped off completely, I decided to break down and go into David's Bridal to get a bustle. :P Even though it's a sweep train I needed 5 points on the bustle, because it's a satin skirt with a chiffon overlay that extends out past the end of the satin skirt. So in order to drape it up without making it look retarded, they had to pin the overlay itself in 4 places. So, I have pictures for all of you of my lovely dress and bustle! :)

It's really wrinkled right now from being hung in a bag for months, but they're going to press and steam it for free as part of the alterations deal. Also, my crinoline seems to not be staying up, so I'm going to have to pin it to my full body bra. Unfortunately in the pictures it made a really weird bump in the side of the dress.

Re: On a more positive note... (PIP heavy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards