Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Awful Mother/Son songs...

Is it just me, or are most of the mother/son songs out there AWFUL. FI is having a terrible time picking one so I thought I'd ask what my fellow knotties are doing. What songs are you using for the mother/son dance?

Re: Awful Mother/Son songs...

• allegratreeallegratree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using When You Wish Upon A Star by Glenn Miller.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is not just you.  One of the more saccharine options is a Song for my Son. Be warned.   It was so hard to keep my lunch down when my MIL played it for us.

We used Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles.   

• edited December 2011
    I feel the same about my father daughter dance. I want something a little newer by like Jason Mraz or Norah Jones., jack Johnson type artist. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Kristin- my dad and I are using "You've got a friend" by James Taylor. It's a good option if you're looking for something that's not too mushy-mushy... it's not a new artist but it might be worth checking out.
  • carlyjo14carlyjo14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    simple man - lynyrd skynyrd
  • gisella88gisella88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "The Man Youve become" by Molly Passuti My FI absolutely fell in love with this song 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We used Soul of My Soul, by Michael Bolton, for our Mother/Son dance, which DH danced with his mother and I danced with my son.  From the moment I heard that song (years ago) I knew I would use it in a wedding, either mine or my son's.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    FI and his Mother are dancing to In My Life by The Beatles. A wedding I was a BM in used Allison Kraus's version of Baby of Mine from Dumbo and it was the cutest Mother/Daughter dance I've ever seen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards