Not Engaged Yet

new here - hey ya'll

2»

Re: new here - hey ya'll

• I've been having fun trying some of the different crock pot recipes.  Most of turned out pretty good.  I'm trying to use my crock pot more.  I've found some good issues for rotisserie chickens on Pinterest too. 

I'm now into looking up Christmas recipes for my annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
  • I love my crock pot.  I made chicken soup from scratch with it a few weeks ago.  The chicken was so tender, it basically all fell apart.  

I make a chicken taco chili in the crock pot - it's great for entertaining.  I made a double recipe for New Years Eve and there were no leftovers - and there were only 5 of us!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-hey-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:737ba87c-bfd9-4b26-b1ec-b06f316035adPost:02bba518-2df9-4d86-b7e5-c669faf3f139">Re: new here - hey ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: new here - hey ya'll : You mail some to me?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Sure!  You know, assuming mail is leaving this area.  </div>
  • I make a good pumpkin gingerbread trifle for Christmas parties.  It feeds a crowd and doesn't take any real skill.  I try to make a variety of hot and cold finger foods and dips. 
    If you search for "santa party mix" on pinterest, links will come up for a cute recipe for that.  I've made that, and it's a hit. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-hey-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:737ba87c-bfd9-4b26-b1ec-b06f316035adPost:5bb731a0-a3cb-47ad-bc79-609e73c729a1">Re: new here - hey ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my crock pot.  I made chicken soup from scratch with it a few weeks ago.  The chicken was so tender, it basically all fell apart.   I make a <strong>chicken taco chili</strong> in the crock pot - it's great for entertaining.  I made a double recipe for New Years Eve and there were no leftovers - and there were only 5 of us!
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

Which one did you make?

I made a salsa chicken thing in my crockpot a week or two ago that was reaaaaally good.

Chicken breasts (I use tenderloins), i bottle of salsa, and a pacakage of taco seasoning.... It was nomtastic. FI keeps asking when I'm going to make it again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-hey-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:737ba87c-bfd9-4b26-b1ec-b06f316035adPost:88d7875d-39ae-46a8-b61b-8737566a85e9">Re: new here - hey ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been having fun trying some of the different crock pot recipes.  Most of turned out pretty good.  I'm trying to use my crock pot more.  I've found some good issues for rotisserie chickens on Pinterest too.  I'm now into looking up Christmas recipes for my annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
    Posted by Mindyerbiz[/QUOTE]

I love my crock pot!  The only thing is that after a while everything starts tasting the same (to me at least lol).  Saturdays are my crock pot days this Saturday I'm making a chicken soup it sounds good we shall see.  If it is good I'll post the link....

BTW I love Pinterest too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Irish - this is the doubled recipe:
    2 lbs chicken
    16 oz salsa (thick and chunky, mild kind)
    4 T lime juice
    ~10 oz box of frozen corn (sometimes less)
    19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
    19 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    2 cups chicken broth
    2 packets taco seasoning (low sodium kind)
  • i made crock pot fajitas.  They were mediocre.  I made a chicken cordon bleu in the crock pot which was good but kind of salty. 

Many of the cashew chicken/burbon chicken/sweet n sour chicken recipes in the crock pot are good too.  They do start tasting all the same though.  Many of them have a mix of honey/ketchup/soy sauce in them.  Nothing i've made has been horrible, but not many have been something i'd make over and over again. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-here-hey-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:737ba87c-bfd9-4b26-b1ec-b06f316035adPost:2ac0a7db-71b5-4c4d-89cb-9209ec6bd9c4">Re: new here - hey ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish - this is the doubled recipe: 2 lbs chicken 16 oz salsa (thick and chunky, mild kind) 4 T lime juice ~10 oz box of frozen corn (sometimes less) 19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed 19 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed 2 cups chicken broth 2 packets taco seasoning (low sodium kind)
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]
    I use this recipe and break a few lime flavored tortilla chips over it.  Nom.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards