Ohio-Cincinnati

Buffet vs seated served dinner

I'm trying to determine which I'd like to do and I'm leaning toward the served dinner, has anyone done this or been to a wedding that did? Any recommendations about which catering company to use if doing this?
That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again

Re: Buffet vs seated served dinner

• i am opting for seated. i've been to too many buffet weddings where the logistics aren't planned out and there is only one line and people are waiting 20+ minutes for their turn to go through the line. seated taked the stress off the guests and i think it's a bit more intimate. usually seated is a bit pricier, though!
  • It's going to depend on your venue- do they allow outside caterers?  Our venue (McHale's Gardens of Park HIlls) required us to use them for catering.  We decided to do a sit-down instead of buffet.  We wanted a more formal setting rather than an informal buffet.  We also did family-style, which worked out great- it made everyone interact at the tables.  Guests loved it.
  • price depends on venue a seated dinner was actually cheaper than a buffet at our venue. there are positives and negatives to both. you can wait a long time to be served dinner just as you wait a long time in the buffet line. I've been to one wedding where they served the bread and salads family style and then called tables to the buffet as people were eating their salads. But its all about what you like weigh your options and decide what works best for you and your FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards