Arizona-Phoenix

DJ question

So, I decided to go with a DJ instead of a band and the coordinator at the venue we're going with highly recommended one.

BTW, I decided to go with Rustler's Rooste. I like everything else about the place so much that the cowboy decor doesn't even bother me. haha.

But I digress, this DJ is named Rankin and is with AZ Music Man. I talked to him on the phone and he was very pleasant to deal with. He seemed very professional and knowledgeable, as well as personable.

Anyhoo, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company or particular DJ and had any thoughts they'd like to share.

He said it would be $850 for 7 hours. Is this price reasonable? I really have no idea what the cost of a DJ is, but I was expecting it to be more.

Re: DJ question

• edited December 2011
    I have never heard of him, but the price seems reasonable.  I would scroll down a few posts, as there is a recent DJ post made a few days ago and brides were commenting on price and what it includes.  Also, if you google important things to consider with a wedding DJ, there will be several sites that will give you good questions to ask.  I think we are paying 1200 for 10 hours.  We need our DJ for at least 7 because she is doing our ceremony as well as the reception.  I met with 5 DJs and they ranged from $600 - $1800.  So, they can vary a lot!  We ended up making our decision based on personality more than price as the entertainment is important.  Also, we have a split room set up so we needed someone that could manage that.
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the company but that's seems pretty reasonable. Our DJ is $1,100 for 6 hours.
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    emily.amaya - I am going through the same thing - looking at DJs.  Right now I am pricing at around $995 for 7 hours coverage with ceremony and 2 setups (one outdoor and one indoor) and uplighting.  I think your price is pretty reasonable.  But it really seems that you can get disounts off the first price they give you if you are willing to negotiate.  I have emailed with Rankin a few times, but was trying to get some pricing information from him which he didn't want to give through email.  Fair enough - but am just currently talking with several other companies.  Wanted to mention as well that he is a preferred vendor at my venue (Val Vista Lakes). 
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot recommend enough Teffanie Brasch from Face the Music Entertainment. She is phenomenal & her fees are very reasonable.
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fallon, I cannot believe that you have already been married for a month! Where has the time gone!?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_dj-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:594f3f30-ed3f-4038-9fb5-9bf2a2ca3db1Post:557425ec-936d-4b51-9284-dd99406fa96a">Re: DJ question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fallon, I cannot believe that you have already been married for a month! Where has the time gone!?
    Posted by NillaWafer10[/QUOTE]

I know! Me either, it's been a whirlwind. As soon as we came home from our HM we moved into our new home. We've been busy getting the house set up. I 've been so busy with work, house, and our son thst I had to rescedule our TTD shoot. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards