Snarky Brides

Bucket Lists

I'm going to Florida in a little over a week, and while we're down there, we're going to SeaWorld. I finally get to see a dolphin in person, and I'm going to go on the "Dolphin Encounter", where I am FINALLY going to touch a dolphin.

So what kinds of things are on your bucket lists?

I also want to:

-Go to Ireland
-Have kids
-Write a readable story (Not get published, just come up with an original story that I'm really proud of)
-See the Globe Theatre
-Live in Colorado
-See Foo Fighters, Reel Big Fish, and Flogging Molly live
-Stay in a hotel that has individual rooms that are over the water
Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Bucket Lists

• Live abroad

Have a child (natural birth if at all possible)

Travel to all the places in our list (it's really long)

I have more obscure ones like "make an impact" and that jazz with my career...  they're harder to define
  • Have a child
    Finish my M.A. (possibly go for a Ph.D., but let's get the M.A. out of the way first)
    Move to Massachusetts
    Go to Ireland, Russia, Italy, and Japan
    Publish a book

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Write a novel (I always start, never get very far!)

Hit all 50 states

Own a cabin on a lake

Become a teacher
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SEWF - I did that once at Sea World in San Diego and I cried when they made us get out of the water.  Just a warning...  :)

• My life goal has been to visit all 50 states.  I made the goal when I was 10...  now I have been to 47 of them.  

-Visit Africa and go on a safari.
    -Compete on Jeopardy
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The room over the water thing is on my list too. I would love it so much!

Go on a nice vacation just the two of us (we have only ever been to Hawaii, but with friends, and Vegas, but that doesn't seem vacation-y enough for me)

Have a kid

Pay off house by the time we are 35 (that's pushing it, but totally possible)

Be able to keep my house spotless (there has to be a time this comes, right??)

Climb a mountain

Run a 5k without walking

• Have at least one child

Take my "new" family to Ireland so they can see where I was born

Move to Colorado

Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef

Have a year where nothing is planned, I know that sounds silly but I am such an overplanner its ridiculous.  I'd have to prepare myself or I'd probably have a nervous breakdown but I think it would be nice to have a year where everything isn't scheduled

Sit and watch "what goes around comes around" to all those people out there who have "coming around" coming

Learn about my biological father

Open my own business (cafe/bakery)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:ef55230e-2d4a-48b5-bd3f-992bcbd416f3">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]SEWF - I did that once at Sea World in San Diego and I cried when they made us get out of the water.  Just a warning...  :)
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>H refuses to get in the water with them (don't ask...) so we may just "pet" them from outside the water. That would be enough for me. I have a feeling I'll cry, too. It's something that has ALWAYS been on my list, ever since I was a kid.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:f30d9537-00a0-42e2-bd36-a9a576a417d4">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bucket Lists : H<strong> refuses to get in the water with them (don't ask...)</strong> so we may just "pet" them from outside the water. That would be enough for me. I have a feeling I'll cry, too. It's something that has ALWAYS been on my list, ever since I was a kid.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of an incident with Hank Hill right now....
  • Random few I can think of now:

visit all 50 states
    be debt free (everything- house, loans, cars)
    travel the world without any big plans
    be on Wheel of Fortune (I would completely kick ass, fyi.)
  • I can only think of a couple:

-Have at least 2 kids
    -Design and build a home
    -Travel to Ireland
    -Be foster parents
    -Have no debt

• SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:00172073-d26a-4e60-8d39-f0c8f6e0cda0">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bucket Lists : I am thinking of an incident with Hank Hill right now....
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, that's pretty much his reasoning! </div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Maybe we should have an Ireland GTG. That way we could all mark something off of our lists!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:82b03c1b-cee5-4048-880d-fb01eb234ab6">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can only think of a couple: -Have at least 2 kids -Design and build a home -Travel to Ireland -Be foster parents -Have no debt
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I definitely want to be a foster mom! To kids and boxer pups.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've accomplished most of my bucket list already, mainly because it was so exceptionally short, and the only thing remaining is for me to see the northern lights. But, I'm thinking that some things might change after the baby comes...there might be things on the list that I don't want to do now, but will want to do with a child. We'll see.

Wait.

I'd also like to see Alcatraz. Random, I know.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    - backpack europe (starting next summer, hopefully) - road trip across the US and visit friends and eat - own a little property in the country and have a small personal farm and chickens - zorb - meet stephen king
  • The things on my list:
    -Buy a home on a lake in MSP
    -Retire early (not sure how early, but I seriously hate working so asap)
    -and hopefully buy a condo in Turks and Caicos

I do have a list of places I want to go visit as well:
    Sedona
    Maine
    Seattle
    Vancouver
    Montreal
    Ireland
    Italy
    London
    New Orleans
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:a4a7b1c8-f713-4b9e-baa4-ad21fbee8f06">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]My life goal has been to visit all 50 states.  I made the goal when I was 10...  now I have been to 47 of them.   -Visit Africa and go on a safari. -<strong>Compete on Jeopardy
    </strong>Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

Are you good at jeopardy? I am not so great, but I am always impressed by how awesome people on the show are!
  • Oh I would love to Zorb.

Your backpacking comment made me think of another one

My friends have been talking about hiking to guitar center for years, and we have to do it one day. It's about 50 miles away but through the mountains and stuff so it would take us at least a  weekend in my completely uneducated opinion.
  • -Get married

-Have children

-Run a marathon

-Buy our dream house 

-Love what I do
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bucket-lists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a2049b6-966a-4e47-905b-fec02a8b2c3aPost:c535a2b6-38ea-4157-98ca-abc1167e68fa">Re: Bucket Lists</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bucket Lists : Omg.  We HMed there.  It was amazing!  I would love to have a time share there.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

haha we honeymooned there as well!! :)
  • Go to Santorini in Greece
    Hear Andrea Bocelli in concert, live
    Get a royal flush at poker
    Take my nephew to Disneyworld or Disneyland

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• The only thing I can think of on mine is "Give Annah and Heartgrinder a hug IRL."  They've been my best friends in WoW for five years and I've never met them, on account of them living in Argentina and all.

• Kate - I like to think I am good at Jeopardy, but I'm guessing playing in real life is harder than it is sitting on my couch.  I actually Tivo it so I can watch it when I come home from work.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards