Snarky Brides

Guys wanna read some TB crazy?

It's not too bad as far as TB crazy goes, but still entertaining.  The post already has close to 8,000 views so apparently it's getting passed around.

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/64550822.aspx

CN: mom-to-be is super pissed that her ILs aren't going to watch their kid for free. Since they're retired and have NOTHING ELSE TO DO anyway.

Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?

• Wow.  Entitled much?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *shakes head* You know what they say... when you assume...

My in-laws LOVE watching my BIL's kids, but never in a million years would I (or BIL) ask them to babysit full time. They have their own lives. OP seems very sefish and immature to me.
  • Yikes. I love how she capitalized, "OTHER THAN."

"What in goodness name's are they going to do OTHER THAN take care of our child?!"

Hmmm, they raised their kids.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Holy entitled Batman.  
  • Just wow. How could she have ASSUMED something like that? She must be just lovely to have as a DIL.
  • I'm actually shaking my head.  I wish we had some craziness on my month board.  It's deadsville.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-wanna-read-some-tb-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3a2e36b-7abf-409c-8446-2df9e99d15b3Post:4799f437-07b3-490e-beb2-63a7bada4b74">Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually shaking my head.  I wish we had some craziness on my month board.  It's deadsville.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

We're currently in that stage of splitting up between the puppies/rainbows and 'bitches' (i.e. realistic people.) 

That post I linked spawned a few other threads of "WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN" and "I can't believe how much the board has CHANGED." *yawn*

And holy crap! You're so close!
  • UGH....  It upsets me because FI's siblings all have kids and they are always expecting FI's parents to watch them.  FI's dad works all day, FI's mom has other responsibilities... and of course, they'd like to have a life too!  

They're your kids, not your parents.  If you have a child, you can't expect free babysitting from the grandparents (or anyone else)

SaveSave
  • huh. well she is certainly special. I can think of a million things I'd rather do as a retired person. My grandparents graciously took care of me two mornings out of the week but lord knows my parents would have probably been fine with me in preschool all days of the week anyway. I can't even fathom asking the ILs, or my parents for that matter, to watch my baby every day. Neither of them will be retired til my theoretical kids would be in HS anyway, but still.
  • I mean. I know my mom would insist on watching our baby if she lived closer. But we'd still pay her!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-wanna-read-some-tb-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3a2e36b-7abf-409c-8446-2df9e99d15b3Post:1d696b89-a702-4bcd-b405-e39b0174b28e">Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy? : We're currently in that stage of splitting up between the puppies/rainbows and 'bitches' (i.e. realistic people.)  That post I linked spawned a few other threads of "WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN" and "I can't believe how much the board has CHANGED." *yawn* And holy crap! You're so close!
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Ah yes, the great divide.  Ours went dead because of the FB page, which I chose not to join.  I'll have to start lurking more over on your board. ha!

I can't believe how close (yet so far) I am.  And I can't believe you're already almost 17 weeks!  How are you feeling?

• Really good actually! *knock on wood*

My m/s let up around 12 weeks, just in time for me to get the flu and die for a few days.  After I recovered from that, I've been pretty good. I'm STARVING all the time, which is an odd change of pace from not eating anything.  My carpal tunnel in my wrist is acting up and my back is always a little sore. Other than that, I'm pretty good.  :)

How about you? Do you have the nursery set up and stuff? I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl so I can really start registering and buying way too much crap. Somehow I've managed to not buy ANYTHING at all.
  • I love how she is complaining about the cut it is going to make in her pay check.  What do you mean *gasp* I have to find someone to pay for watching my child?! Watching the kid occasionally is definitely generous and I think most grandparents would do that but she really thought they would be available all day every day during the work week? 

• I love the "what ELSE would they do?" question, as though retired people have nothing better to do than watch someone else's spawn. My grandparents are retired and are always on the go, visiting new places and just having fun while out and about. No way in hell would they want to spend every day babysitting.
  • Ack, being sick is no fun.  I think I've gotten sick more while pregnant then I have in the last 5 years.   Yeah, my appetite came back, like, over night.  It was crazy.  Now I'm just trying to not blow up.

Sorry about the carpal tunnel and back issues.  Pregnancy is lovely!  But I'm glad you're doing good. It could always be worse! :)

I'm good, I was told I had anemia last week so I was put on extra iron, which has made me feel a helluva lot better. Other than that, just typical stuff.  Nursery is about 90% done!  I just need to do finishing touches like decor type things. It's so weird now that the crib and everything is set up.  When do you guys find out the sex?!  I didn't really buy anything until we knew he was a he, then I couldn't resist.  It's terrible. 

• Oh, what a peach!  Also?  I very much dislike people that have to have multiple tickers for the same time.  Pick one.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Edie, yeah, muscle cars. :)  I bought prints from an Etsy shop.
    This is her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/nevedobson?ref=seller_info

• Raynes, I was thinking the same thing. 
  • edited March 2012
    Haha, you know what's awesome?  MIL is totally out for drinks, bowling or whatever else shootin the shiit with her friends saying "Can you believe my DIL thought we were going to watch their baby full time, for free, because we 'don't have anything else to do'?  LOLZ"
    panther
  • Oh that's cute stuff, Fezz! Maybe we should do a hockey nursery... never too early to start brainwashing, right? ;)

Our a/s is April 17th! 3 weeks! eek!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-wanna-read-some-tb-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3a2e36b-7abf-409c-8446-2df9e99d15b3Post:592b6608-f8d2-4185-9b29-5234fd3abee2">Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, what a peach!  Also?  I very much dislike people that have to have multiple tickers for the same time.  Pick one.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I pretty much just hate TB sigs in general.  The other day people were bitching about the fruit tickers because they don't actually mean anything.  (As opposed to the ones with daily facts and shiit.)  I had to remind people that life exists outside TB and girls on TK don't like seeing alien babies nearly as much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-wanna-read-some-tb-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3a2e36b-7abf-409c-8446-2df9e99d15b3Post:8fc21de3-0b0a-4d54-ae41-2a453492e487">Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy? : I pretty much just hate TB sigs in general.  The other day people were bitching about the fruit tickers because they don't actually mean anything.  (As opposed to the ones with daily facts and shiit.)  I had to remind people that life exists outside TB and girls on TK don't like seeing alien babies nearly as much.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Fact: Steph's baby is the size of an avacado. </div><div>
    </div><div>See? I just learned something. </div>
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    When I read the CN I thought the post was about the grandparents watching the kids for free while the parets went on vacation. I was wondering what was so wrong with that. But, um, wow. 
  • My grandmother took care of me full time for about six months after my mom went back to work, but she offered...my parents didn't assume.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • That is so ridiculus. They have their own lives!!

Pathetic...
  • In Response to Re:Guys wanna read some TB crazy?:[QUOTE]Oh that's cute stuff, Fezz! Maybe we should do a hockey nursery... never too early to start brainwashing, right? ;Our a/s is April 17th! 3 weeks! eek! Posted by StephJ[/QUOTE]
    That's my husband's plan. :

3 weeks will fly! Can't wait to see what your bean is!

• The best line of that whole thread?  "You should have discussed this sooner before you pulled the goalie".

Love it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-wanna-read-some-tb-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a3a2e36b-7abf-409c-8446-2df9e99d15b3Post:3432938d-cff6-49ec-9544-81a245baba9d">Re: Guys wanna read some TB crazy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The best line of that whole thread?  "You should have discussed this sooner before you pulled the goalie". Love it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

*like*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards