September 2014 Weddings

engagement photos?? --answered

Hello!
I got engaged a few weeks ago, and we are planning for a 9/2014 wedding.  Is there an etiquette rule or anything about the appropriate timeline for taking engagement pictures?
I have no idea what I'm doing, lol.

Re: engagement photos?? --answered

• My photographer suggested within a few months...because after that the excitement has worn off and you might as well wait for wedding photos. January/February is a busy time because of all the people who get engaged during the Christmas season, so if you want engagement photos find a photographer and book them fast! I paid mine last month (because her rates went up as of 2013) and I have yet to actually book them, but I'm actually aout to email her and ask about openings in February - fingers crossed she still has space!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aphrodite0869aphrodite0869 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Usually 6-8 months before the wedding you want to do pictures. Then you can send the pictures with your RSVP's if you want.  If you use The Knot check list, it helps A LOT!!! in telling you when things should be done.
  • LOL, I feel the same way
  • This thread is old now, sorry. Our photos were taken in early June.  Since our engagement is longer (21 months) we felt it would be strange to wait so long to take pictures.
    Anyway, thanks for the responses.
    GL to you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards