Virginia-Richmond

Venues that let you do the cooking

Does anyone know of any venues that let you cook? and not make you have to have a caterer?

Re: Venues that let you do the cooking

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    More than likely not since there is liability involved, in case you burn down the building or something.

• Okay, good call. let me rephrase that. Anyone know of any venues that will let you bring your own food?
  • almost all venues that allow you to bring in a caterer will allow you to bring in your own food. But remember that caterers do more than bring in food. They are responsible for the cleanup, trash removal, bringing in chairs/tables/linens. Most "venue" only type places dont have all those things available to you. But I planned my H.S reunion at the Science Museum and they allowed us to bring in barbeque from outside.
  • The best resource for this is a list that is in a magazine called "Richmond Weddings." It gives a long list of venues, halls, hotels, etc. and it tells you whether or not they allow you to bring in food, how much renting the venue is, etc. etc. Its awesome! Consider it, definitely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards